Music Industry Wants Guitarists to Stop Sharing

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Aug 24, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

The Internet put the music industry and many of its listeners at odds thanks to the popularity of services like Napster and Grokster. Now the industry is squaring off against a surprising new opponent: musicians.

Lauren Keiser, president of the Music Publishers’ Association, says guitar tablature Web sites reduce the earnings of songwriters.

In the last few months, trade groups representing music publishers have used the threat of copyright lawsuits to shut down guitar tablature sites, where users exchange tips on how to play songs like “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door,” “Highway to Hell” and thousands of others.

Source

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Those ****ing A$$holes :mad: :mad: :mad: :badmood:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Frustrated attempts by record companies to earn money.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hehe....lets see saale kya ukhaadte hain

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

bullsht .. They cant shut down websites like zis.

6. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

I have had bad experiences with this s*#%. First, they shut down powertabs.net. Then they shut down MSB :( Powertabs.net is back on!!!

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

lolllllllll.....

8. echord

echord New Member

hmm they can certainly TRY shutting them down i'd say

9. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

yeah ..this was published in ultimate guitar news ..all other sites who were sharing gp and powertab files were shutdown or they stopped sharing them ..xept ultimate-guitar which opposed it and they are still sharing them ..truely inspirational!

10. aaki1993

aaki1993 New Member

haha ...loserssss