Music in the Future

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sridhar11_2, Dec 9, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok. It's clear that everyone has different tastes in music and stuff but up till now people have agreed upon certain types of music as good. But where do you guys think it's going. For Instance Blues has changed as time went ahead from the slide guitar on a battered old acoustic to modern electric lead blues guitar. Basically from Robert Johnson to Jimi Hendrix withing one Century. And now we see that blues aint in popular demand. So do you think that one day atleast one genre of music is gonna die out or do you feel that something or the other will light the fire. Basically WILL THE MUSIC YOU LIKE SURVIVE in the future?

This applies to every genre and not only about blues. Which genre of music do you think will go first if this happens?

Let the disscusion begin.............

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

i think JAZZ will completely fade out ......
    then blues rock....

but Death Metal and Nu-Metal will continue for a long time

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

No matter how old or out of trend it becomes..good music will always be appreciated..
    atleast by a few.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

sadly no new bands have made an impact of lasting over different eras as some of the old ones have (with a few exceptions ofcourse)

metal in general is a lot changing, there are electronic themes being introduced and music is becoming a lot experimental with a lot of different styles and genres being incorporated.

my staple genre is metal (although i listen to almost all genres), there are bands experimenting a lot, and with really good results. there are new genres born with every nwe band. it is changing, really fast (although there have been a few bands who have retained their original style and are still limited to a single genre).

the fans are willingly accepting the changes in sound....everyone wants smthing new...but obviously it ahs to be better than the previous stuff, anticipations for the forthcoming records are high and people are actually demanding new sounds from various bands

all in all, the curent pace, at which the music is changing will still continue.
    a lot of electronic themes will be included, maybe some traditional instruments (tabla, sitar etc) will be used. its all about fusion. BUT i doubt if we will see major bands (popular bands--im not talking about talent here) making it through the ages.

5. sridhar11_2

^^Very True.

I'd hate to see Jazz go away. Even if it's not that popular it's got musical integrity.
    But there are some established guitar players who've made some great music like Joe Pass and Charlie Hunter.

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I'd say that commercial music will become even more commercial and the talented ones would inspire ones which are even more talented and experimental. So if we ignore the commercial crap, there's good news ahead.
    I hate these people who say that "good" music is dying away. They say that there are no more bands which are as talented as Iron Maiden (or led zepplin, and you know which ones) and say that today's people only listen to Nu-Metal, metalcore, mallcore or shite of that sort.

7. sridhar11_2

^^I agree. There's probably great musicians out there but they dont get much exposure because of the commercial aspect of music in that it needs to sell big or it wont get on the air. There are not many people in the music industry that are trying to give new bands and musicians exposure because they want profits and the way to make profits is to use the same old thing again or to bring out certain things above others.