Mumbai is the rudest city in the world!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jun 21, 2006.

1. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

Man!!!!

True Delhites are very polite and caring!!!!!!Its just Biharis and other Uneducated street ppl dat delhi is so infamous!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way Da very fact dat Delhi is unsafe for women bçoz da biharis and oder "unducated" ppl hve unbaked knowledge about western culture and dey think Women i delhi are very open!!!!!!!!Dey dont know dat the educated men wid whom dese gals hangout are very open minded!!!!!!!

Delhi is a metropolitan city and thousands of Biharis and oder ppl come frm dere states to find jobs in delhi!!!!!Wwe cant do nething about dem!!!!!!!!!

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

n who r responsible for the lack of education of the biharis???

i knew india's cities were really not so polite never thought they would top that list ...

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

*breathe*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ghanta .... ask any non delhiite and he wud swear that delhiites are the rudest and big show-offs of all .. well generally ! mumbai isnt even close to that ...

this poll or survey whatever is plain bullshit ... if anything i think hongkong has to top the list

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    :RollLol:

Errrr .... What was the point?

But anyway :RollLol:

PS: Hey what is "open " in "open-minded"? I also wanna become one.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

hmmm putting the ball firmly in the bihari's court are you??

can you come up with a rational reply explaining why more rapes take place in delhi than in any city of bihar and why a BC or a MC is heard more often in delhi than in bihari cities like Patna (i have lived in both delhi and patna).

surely delhi cant have more biharis than bihar !!

7. sunish bajaj

sunish bajaj Banned

can anybody explain to me how do sites like these work. is it chatting or what . please pm me

8. sunish bajaj

sunish bajaj Banned

guys help is all thats required

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Where did this piece come from?? :shock: :shock:

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i am guessing delhi... or is it bihar.... this thread has left me very confused
    ** yanks hair **

11. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

r u bihari :shock:?

12. angel_of_sin

Dude read da pt again havent i explained my pt enough bout rapes taking place in Delhi!!!!!!!! I am not pointing only towadrs Biharis!!!!Delhi is a metropolitan city and ppl frm all over da country come to delhi to find jobs!!!!So how can u be so sure dat da person who is saying BC or Mc is surely a delhite frm hert!!Evn though its quite true dat ppl in delhi pick up fights ,mmore dan nebody else in India!!!!!!!
    PPl in delhi are polite only if u r polite!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ne delhite in di grup!!!!!(help please)

@ sanju_strings
    no i m nt a bihari!!!!

@spy_game
    do u think dat delhiites are responsible for uneducated biharis!!!!!!!!

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the bihari exodus into delhi does not increase he rate of BCs' rp MC's or even rape. now exodus from the land of the turban is a different matter tho..:)

14. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

U can't stop anyone from aspiring a better life....But I wish the Biharis in Mumbai had more respect towards the city that gives them their bread and butter...I mean spitting on the streets and all that...

as for the survey....look who's talking....the people who put "dogs and Indians not allowed" signs outside their elite clubs in India!..period.

jamhead likes this.
  15. angel_of_sin

quite true dude!!!!!!!!!!!

16. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

u have got to be kidding me .i have neva bein to delhi but have stayed in mumbai for a few months and it dint seem that bad ...but ..u gotta remember . my hindi knowledge is close to zero except kaissi thum lamington road jahoga ?? .or wateva !!!..............but am still wonderin wat all those fools were sayin when i was riding on the "beautiful" mumbai roads ??..maybe its the BC amd MC's u ppl are talkin abt ..wat do they mean anyway ??

but that board "dogs and indians not allowed" is freakin unreal..delhities dont deserve to be in india if they put up signs like that anywhere !!!!!freakin do u see boards in new york sayin "americans and dogs not allowed" outside their pubs ..wats wrong with ppl in delhi anyway !!..

17. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

holy fu.ck .... get familiar with some history

18. morse_pankha

morse_pankha Banned

if u are middleclass/poor/upper middle class and cant afford the too expensive things in life..be prepared for a little rudeness anywhere in the world..if u cant handle that..then travel to some remote hillstation and on the way tell ur parents uve got to take a leak..and run away into the jungle.and never comeback.

19. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

i don't kno how far the discussion is going on in this thread ...
    but i need to tell this ... really ...

i think i'm the right person to ask whether Mumbai is the rudest city of the world or not

thats coz i'm very much new to Mumbai ... i'm here for the past one and a half months or so ... b4 dat i was in Kolkata ...

n bliv me Mumbai is anything but the rudest city of the world.

i've checked out dictionaries for the xact meaning of RUDE ... but even aftr going through that ... i still say that Mumbaikars are anything but the rudest people of this world.

the help that i've got from people here is tremendous ...

though Mumbai is one of the fastest ... if not the fastest city of India, people have taken time to show me roads and how to reach a place easily ...
    Mumbaikars are dam helpful ...
    i just cant ask more than that ...

the only thing that hav bothered me is the refusal of auto-rickshaw drivers ...
    but otherwise ... Mumbai is rocking :rock:

man, i can't imagine what the scene would be if I stepped on someone in the local trains in Kolkata ...
    but here the man's answer 2 my apology was "Yeh to hata hi rehta hai, beta ..."
    not that i don't love Kolkata anymore ...
    but the people here in Mumbai are much much more co-operative ...

Jai MaHaRaSHTRa !!! ... :beer:

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

Should we start saying "Mumbye-bye"? Last week, we were bamboo-ed nationally and internationally. When the PM came to inaugurate Anil Ambani's Metro project, he rapped the administration so hard that it was the CM who sank underground.

The previous day, a Reader's Digest survey damned Mumbai as the rudest city on the planet. We were even hit locally — and cosmically. Six college students were struck by lightning at Chowpatty, one girl fatally.

The first is embarrassing, the third is tragic, but the second is absurd. Dismiss it with a rude noise. Both premise and conclusion are suspect. The priggish magazine has scored an own goal because its rude-o-meter exposes how outdated it is.

The 35-city politeness test was based on three criteria: holding the door open for someone behind you, passersby helping to pick up dropped papers, and salespersons thanking shoppers. Such social etiquette is so post-Emily!

Does Mumbai deserve the Reader's Digest 'raspberry'? To put it politely, 'Bull Dung!' No one can call us rude. Crude, yes, maybe. But what we can do? Our language is like that only.

We are saying "tum" instead of "aap", and shouting "Kya bakwas karti hai?" instead of murmuring "Er, no, sorry, but I don't think you've got it quite right."

But then, isn't Bambaiya Hindi also the closest we'll ever get to a lingua franca? And we've achieved it by killing syntax, not people.

Yes, we can be extremely crude in the way we dismiss those whose creed, caste or colour of 'half-pant' is different from our own. Socialites and fishwives have another benchmark, but the average Mumbaikar is not rude by any contemporary standard.

Yes, we trample and elbow our way through life and local trains, but what other way there is to get anywhere? And, no, baba, how we can pick up someone else's droppings?

As for the retail experience of which the Reader's Digest makes such a Diwali Dhamaka, forget "thank you-shank you", we have our own ways of appreciation.

We plunge into the stampede and scrum known as the Grand Sale, necessitating the services of armed guards with instructions to shoot at fight.

Even in more everyday shopping, we drop all the saris we have been contemplating for the past 20 minutes, and leap to snatch the chiffon which the woman at the next counter has chosen. But that's all part of the fun of shopping, no?

Why we should simply keep our eyes, hands and nails on our own merchandise? We are mad or what? The survey didn't include any other Indian city, so here's my expert assessment of the other four I have lived in.

In Delhi, getting into any encounter results in either your being informed who the other party's father is, or who your own father, mother, dada, nani are. In Bangalore, they will be obsequiously polite, but they will do exactly what they've decided.

In Ahmedabad, courtesy, like everything else, is available on terms strictly cash; no rokda means rudeness. And in Kolkata, that last bastion of civility, when they stab you in the back, they will do so with the utmost finesse, a Brecht quotation, and the correct knife.

from :https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1676883,curpg-1.cms