Multi track recorder

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ssslayer, Sep 9, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

yups chords are OK if you are usin this scale .. u r right they are only out of sync ...
    nice ..listened to it again ... like the improvisation ..but try to slow down a bit and take it one at a time ..dont jump back and forth .. (now i am just being too harsh ..there isnt anything wrong to be honest ..its upto your style and i like it)

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ...
    i dunno i neava prepare for thes kinda jams ...

juss let my fingers take over ... infact as a nafterthought some phrases seem too overplayed ..
    i cuddev put more variation ...

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

u made piece on ur OWN right ?

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Hey great improv man. Did you mic the amp or used a line out?

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

You can do it with Audacity. Go to File > Preferences. Under the Audio I/O tab, check "Play other tracks while recording new one". Then whenever you record tracks simultaneously, the the older tracks will play while you record the new one. I tried KRISTAL, its too complicated man. Me don't need all those features.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL Addy .. i have deccided to go in for Kristal now ...

Sridhar i use mike ... never tried Line in Line out ...
    anyway i came to know from the ppl who setup the Gigs - they say always use mics ... so i always use mics ...

Alfons - yaar if u ask me to play that once agin i cannot ... :grin: ... as i said it was a jam ... fingers tale the lead ... no preparation etc ...

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm ... i have done a little bit of recording on kristal ...
    doesnot showcase its abilities ...

i only used volumn controls and panning feature ...

3 guitars (using three diff drives models - lets c if u can make that out) ...
    one on left channel, one center nad one on right channel

8. sridhar11_2

I realise that using a mic has advantages in a gig but i really dont think that it's useful when you're recording at home.

I always use a line in/out to record it gives me total control of the sound and even does'nt matter if the door is slammed shut behind me ( it wont ruin the session like it would using a mic)

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ... what about the sound quality ... and anyway the recording wont be what u actually hear ...
    the tone is very important to me ...

hey even in studios they always mic the speakers ... no line in line outs ...

10. sridhar11_2

Ya i hear you but the studio is a controlled environment. They actually tune the room to a particular key to get perfect sound. I was reading in an interview of Joe Perry how he actually positioned the amp and mic in a certain way so that he could record the sound bouncing off the wall so that he could get some Natural Delay. BTW he has his own brand of Hot Sauce checkout https://www.bossus.com/bugonline/features.asp?art=perry

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

one thing that i found out was that direct line in line out produces high frequencies ... whic gets recorded

usually what happens is that trhe cabinet - speaker combo filters out / dampens certain freq n boost some ...
    i have heard hte direct recorde sounds .. they are sound too harsh ...

12. sridhar11_2

I dont know if that's true or not but ideally i'd like to use a mic but with the equipment i have it's not the best option for me. I'm happy with the recording quality i get actually.

check out this clip i just recorded https://www.megaupload.com/?d=409PDQW3
    it's just a clip of a Stevie ray vaughan song. Don't be cruel i know it's got a lot of mistakes but it's just a small one take kinda thing.

Just pay attention to the sound quality and forget about the tone i get out of my zoom 505 II and J&D strat copy.

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok will check n tell ya ;)

u can also check mine ...

n i swear the tone i u hear is almost exactly what i heard whikle playiong ...

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

15. zing

zing Machine Head

its better mainly bcos its developed by linux programmers not windoze crapware - more details here
    https://www.vorbis.com/faq/#flic
    https://www.free-codecs.com/download/Vorbis.htm
    the diff is that if u sell ur songs using mp3 etc. format u will have to legally pay a license to the Intellectual Property Right owner - if u use ogg to sell ur songs it is LEGALLY FREE
    plz check out this page first
    https://www.vorbis.com/setup/
    wtf?????????
    the rec quality is way way waaaaay better
    oh but u can - in fact the developers have a "dare to compare" page - https://www.xiph.org/vorbis/listen.html

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL d00d,
    Where has anyone written on this thread that Mp3 is better than Ogg.
    Or that windoze is better than Linux.

Or that you can/cant sell songs in Mp3 or Ogg.

Read the thread carefully before ranting off like taht.

and you must be really dumb - which harware audio player supports Ogg format?
    Philips?
    Sony?
    Bose?
    Aiwa?
    Onkyo?

Which one?

17. zing

zing Machine Head

lol urself - cos that wasnt a rant - he raised sum points & i put my thots on them - n if u bothered to chk the very first link i posted u wouldnt be askin abt h/w - maybe U 2 shd read more carefully b4 posting?

18. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

looks good!

19. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Hey didnt ronnie have a multi track recorder for sale or something??

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You already missed it.

Zing: what about .ogg players? Your site doesnt talk anything about them.

Besides, why dont you admit taht you just like to rant off?
    The author of this thread has already claimed that ogg is better than mp3.