Multi track recorder

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ssslayer, Sep 9, 2005.

1. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Dude,... sslayer........... ur problem aint Big at all,... all u wanna do is record two tracks simultaneously (one of them being recorded earlier),.. isnt it????

U can do it using Audacity,... n yes u can hear the pre recorded track while playing the second one too.

Do the following.
    1.) Record track A on audacity.
    2.) Export it as MP3.
    3.) Now open the same track in Audacity.
    4.) Now just click the record buttton n Bingo,.... u'll hear the pre-recorded track and at the same time u can record the new one that u r playing.
    5.) Now export this whole thing as a MP3.

Tip: Try fiddeling with the FFT Filter level's to get a proper studio effect, it works amazing!!

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

thanx a ton akky ...

anyway i did away with Audacity .. n now using kristy ...

ne way i guess all the prods havta have almost the same features ...

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

4. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Wtf,.... wats this file format man,.... bloo.ogg???

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

c'mon man u living with zoom n u dont know about ogg-vorbis???
    anyway it will play on winamp, mplayer, VLC, foobar ...

but not on windows media player

6. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Crap,... i dont use any of them mentioned,..... will save it for some other time then. But wats the probs in savin them in mp3 format?

7. enfowaheed

enfowaheed New Member

hmm....looking good...tell ya later abt the software...after using it...tc..bye

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i dont like mp3s (they are associated with all the piracy) + ogg is better in quality n file size ...

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

1.5 mb,.... itd pretty much ok,.... dont think it can hold grounds on size factor.
    So this .ogg cant be pirated??? hehe

Yeah quality ,.. will chk out soon.

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok ... i guess ya do some research on the net as to y .ogg is better than .mp3 quality wise ...

regarding piracy ... ofcourse i can do piracy with ogg ... onli hitch is that mp3s are more involved in piracy thats y i said: "they are associated with all the piracy" ...

and then have u seen an audio player which plays Ogg format ... but ofcourse mp3s can be played on 'em ... thats anotha factor aiding piracy ...

and dude the recording quality is not so good ... there is a constsnt hiss + i did nopt swithc of the fan ... :p: so u cant really judge the quality of ogg in this case

11. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

aaa...
    @slayer s dat u playing ?

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well yes ...
    before anything remeber i just jammed ... didnt practice or anything ... ask ron ... infact thats the way blues should be played ...

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

man u said dat u cudnt play **** !!
    and then u come up with dat !!!
    nice !

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

array yaar ... i started again after long ...

15. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hey Sslayer,... heard it,... pretty good man! How long were u palyin wen u took on to it?

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ matlab?

b.t.w i have been playing for almost 4 years now with all the breaks etc ...
    and the fact is i have not progressed beyond the 1st year bcoz of the breaks ... that what i was telling Addy Pant today ...

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

addy pants gud really gud at playing
    he's just learnt it 4 9 months now and he's in my band !!!
    and we're no radhi band
    we play Cowboys , hallowed , trooper and fade 2 black and sandman and all
    WE"ll record sumthing and post it tommorow !

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nice dude ...
    lets all post something ... some recording ...

a thing that dharmatam said some time back ...

19. shak

shak Harrr!

aii aiiii ... thats good..just that the srumming is off-scale from the lead ... just work on that
    otherwise...nice inovative style ..like your improvisation as well ... but you are just a little bit too fast for these kind of blues .. but after 2:20 ..its gets allright ..actually i am wrting as i am listening ..so it might not make much sense ... u knwo what i mean...
    nice work .. track just finished ...kudos for ya!

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

:grin:

leads and rhythms donr mathc ... there was some problem in sync ...

and the scales should be any prob ... i used the same guitar .. just 5 min gap ... tween rhythm and leads ...

the chords were was A7, D7 n E7 ...
    and the leads on A blues ... with some (un)intentional chromatics .. :grin: