MTV Roadies an pathetic attempt at Reality TV?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I heard some really weird things asked on tv and i can safely say that majority of them originated from MTV Roadies Auditions. First, I should say that i have never ever seen an more incompetent panel of judges in my life! My god, who were those losers! I think whoever has seen those auditions on tv will tell you they were trying to imitate the "American Idol, Judges" and what a sad try at that.

There were many insulting and personal questions asked to spice up the show some of those questions would even put to shame some of the most vulgar and obscene music videos show on indian tv. How and why would people let themselves be exploited like this is beyond me... :cen:

Like this wasn't enough, now we have bunch of morons for roadies acting in the stupidest manner possible for the silliest reasons imaginable..... :rockon:

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whatever man.agreed they were pretty dumb.but those idiots got free bikes..what was pathetic was the way people cried after being chukced out...i mean.its a friggin TV show for cyin out loud not that am one of those people who thinks boys dont dcry or whatever...au contraire i ve cried on many occasions....but this was ultmiate wuss man...

3. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

LOL. Any reality show in India is pitiable. They do everything to add flavour but the shows all end up bland. I too remember guys crying on the Roadies show. LOL, that was so comical. I hope they didn’t wet their diapers. In these shows it's difficult to say who is more annoying, the participants or the judges. Tough competition!

Raj

4. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

lord it's just irritating you coz its indian......if it was american then you'd just laugh....how can anything be more imbarresing than william hung's audition for american idol......

5. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Agreed neo, the show is terrible... and a flood of talent search shows that seems to have hit the indian TV recently are equally pathetic. every channel has come with some talent search program...

6. anujroy

anujroy New Member

i can't believe that u guyz actually bothered to watch that ... hehe ;)

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ everyone especially sonali... its not just india which is facing this american idol syndrome... even in singapore, singapore idol is completely shitty... But if you think about it, the occurrence of such a thing was more or less inevitable the moment american idol became a success... i mean, look at Who wants to be a millionaire? and the millions of other rip offs... originality has lost its value in this modern era of blatant plagiarism.

8. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Talking about any shows here.. What do you say about the INDIAN IDOL??

9. Natasia

Natasia ...

thts the joke of the centuary..... these ppl had come to our college in a mobile van kinda thingeee for auditions.... u shd have seen the kinda "IDOLS" who were called for the final auditions..LOL....LOL.... but all said and done.. it did entertain us till we were in college...:p :p :p

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

talkin about reality shows...just look at the normal shows goin on.......all of em..are rip offs either of each other or some firang show...that kekta kapoor has no brains she just keeps comin up with shitty serials.....a serial like jassi, which is a rip off of some spanish serial , ends up with a postage stamp for Jassi...what shit is that about????
    if anyone has cared or happend to pass Aahat on sony..the Fx make the older movies look better.....ayushmaan is one of the most f*** all serials ever....sanjeevni which am guessing is a chicago hope rip off coz it aint nowhere as good as ER makes a mockery of the medical profession...if anyone remembers that serial callled aur fir ek din, now i have to hand it to indian directors.they managed to convert a 2 hr movie into a full blown tv series ..tho a bad one..not half as nice as one fine day....originiality has lost its meaning when it comes to indian entertainment scene, imagine Koi mil gaya..what shit? :mad: ? forrest gump meets ET???? basically destroyed two beautiful movies.and what about technical accuracy and those shitty comps in that movie...and jadoo???????? :mad: and hrithik roshans acting was SNIP SNIP he is disgraceful ........no wonder indian moveis ever make the oscars.....a movie like asoka was sent to the oscars if am not wrong...??
    finally a decent movie like shwaas makes it..and they dont got enuf funds.......man the indian entertainment scene is sad...........

11. jayanth

Did you try Nats??

12. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

So true saurabh, but thats the situation and it doesn't look to change in the near future... but thats the situation almost everywhere... And originality is not forgotten, its only hidden and if you search hard you can find some really good stuff out there... for example, in the case of music (im not sure of television as i rarely see the desi channels) there are many bands which are worth listening and have albums which haven't received the proper promotion that they deserve... in light of such a scenario, it is people like us who must make an effort to encourage these bands in the hope that finally the major labels will realize the true desire of the indian rock community and will promote those bands as well...

13. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

saurabh, You've said it all, man...

14. The Dark Matter

The Dark Matter Imperceptibly unknown

Agreed... The scene is real sad. The Indian entertainment Industry is being passed down to the second generation as their Father's or Mother's legacy and SNIP SNIP and to my amazement the general masses are pretty happy to watch their so called acting.

I am true Patriot but equally proud in saying that I admire acting of people like Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Nicholas cage (esp. in City of Angeles), who put their back and have got the talent. These guys can hit u deep inside with their acting and they don't follow that Father-Son legacy thing like we have in India.

We have good actors here in India too but they never get a chance. Even If they did, Indian entertainment Industry is stuck on love stories. :annoyed: They can't think about anything but love...Funny. :shock: .We have riots/protests against celebrating Valentine's Day :shutup:

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Seriously man..city of angels was such a sad movie......felt so deperate in the end.....or take for eg. life is beautiful.roberto bellini was gr8 in that....i loved american beauty...
    not that there arent any good movies out there.the oldies...anand was a beautiful movie..but then.....there aint any thing new goin.....on the movie scene is stuck at the tried and tested just like the small screen.......nobody tries anything diff..or if they do..the public goes against em?? movies like fire,earth....etc were good movies.its just that public here wants pure entertainment from movies, not movies dealing with issues....worst part is they go for "entertainment" which insults their intelligence
    agree with essi..that is the same scene on the music front..originality is lost....i dont think boyzone has one song which isnt a cover......
    sadly even the covers u have now a days are nothin short of murderin the originials....
    S...I....G...H......

16. The Dark Matter

The Dark Matter Imperceptibly unknown

Edited By Moderator..

17. jayanth

If you talking about normal shows.. I have observed something.. Because of my MOM and Dinner time Shows..

There is one serial in which, Anyperson who dies, comes back.. I seriously have no clue.. its name is something zindagi ki.. There was one more WANNABE THRILLER.. i remember KUNAL being the hero.. There also people die die die aqnd still they are alive..

18. jayanth

I play covers.. Doesnt mean i copy them.. And TDM what you said about making INDI pop music is not true.. Its lots more difficult than that..

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but chek out the indi pop music scene.....that is what is happenin.all u have is "baby doll" remixes.....two DJs remixing same songs.....sSNIP SNIP.either that some idiot ripping summer of 69 for some political party song......or some idiot band which rose from someSNIP SNIP talent hunt.....of all the people selected only mahua was the one i found talentd....

20. roadiez rox i lauu it