MP4 Players ...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, Feb 23, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

All the buzz about mp3 players, iPods...manufacturers have started to sell mp4 players (plays video and audio). has anyone actually purchased one? if so, are they small and futuristic?

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i have a thomson 5in1, that plays radio, wave,mp3,vcd and tape.

futuristic but not small... works on remote control... about 7 k

fi you is talking about those discman type mp3 players that also play vicdeo cds and dvds,,... well i dunno... i have seen them yeah,.. but dont own one yet :((

3. bob-bobby

what make and how much did you buy it from , i want to buy one for myself ...

does it have memory ??

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

its a Thomson (make)

costs about 7 grand. has no memory.. except you can program the song numbers you want played.

dont go for it. when i bought it 3 years ago, it was the latest thing.. now you get dvd players along with mp3 & vcd playing features for lesser.

the ones with memory should be costlier especially if they also have a "cd" playing facility.. you know plays mp3 from cds as well as from memory.

5. bob-bobby

thanks for the info ...

6. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Winamp 5.x can play MP4.

7. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

mp3, mp4, why there's also mp7...they're not much common tho except mp3 ofcourse!!

8. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i think bob mistyped that as mp4 he meant mp3 .. i don't think mp4 players are available as hardware that is . .. but on the comp even mplayer plays mp4 ..

9. tejas

tejas ..........

I think MP4 files suck. They consume lesser space, but downloading patches to view these files is a headache. MP3 files are much better.

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

mp stands for MPEG - Moving Pictures Expert Group.

MPEG is simply a compression algorithm that takes out similarities between succesive frames in a file in order to reduce the file size.
    MPEG-4 was the next generation in the MPEG Compression Algorithm series which is 10 times better than MPEG. Another codec called H.263 is the near equivalent of MPEG-4 made by the ITU-T (International Telecommunications Union - Telecommunications Standardisations Sector). The reason it didn't become popular is because of licensing issues which screwed everything up. Otherwise MPEG-4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> MPEG-1/3
    MPEG-7 is a Descriptor Algorithm. It doesn't compress anything it only enhances the content by adding descriptive tags to the media files which allow them to become searchable based on content tags. So MPEG-7 is applied on top of any MPEG Compression Algrotihm.
    There are other MPEG algorithms that each do a different thing. MPEG-11 and MPEG-21. you need to visit the home of MPEG for more information www.chiariglione.org

btw MPEG-2 exists but that is for broadcast television use only

11. nadish

nadish Active Member

Purchased???????????? No need to purchase Softwares in Pakistan.

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

hehehehe. lol...... :)
    All pirated.

13. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

i got aa MP13

1. Plays music
    2. Plays video
    3. Is actually a portable bathroom
    4. Atomatically dispenses radishes within a 10 ft. radius
    5. says comebacks 4 u
    6. plays music again
    7. play's cd's
    8. playts mp3's
    9. automated voicemail
    10. is a phone
    11. Is not owned by Sony
    12. Anti - Blink 182
    13. runs on cow turd.

nice.....

14. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

my sis has an IPOD.... and i think they are releasing a new IPOD with internet and all the music, files and all that stuff....

I dont think I would get an MP4.. it b a waste of money

15. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

they now have an iPod shuffler, $99, or u could get my MP13/