Mp3 & Legal....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Dont you think MUSIC must be made free. And mp3s Legal??

2. Natasia

Natasia ...

I AGREE .. :think: ..... WHATS THE HARM IN MAKING MUSIC ACCESIBLE TO EVERYONE ........... AFTER ALL "MUSIC IS FOOD FOR THE SOUL"
    ...THEN WHY STARVE OUR POOR SOULS..............:confused: :confused:

3. jayanth

Yhea.. No Copyrights nothing.... :argue:

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Most musician see music as a source of income, they cannot provide their music for free of costs. There is also recording, mixing fees involved, which the artist and not the music labels have to bear.

They only way out it, is to improve the quality of music ( no, one hit wonders) which would encourage people to actually spend money on purchasing a CD and not the quantity of music ( 25 bad songs, jammed in a CD).

Most people don't know this, music labels get most of the money and not the artist. In some cases music labels are known to take 80% of the net revenue.

Royalty fees could be debated but other than that artists don't get much, unless their albums goes platinum or something.

Asking them to release their music free of cost, is in all means unjust.

5. Natasia

Natasia ...

:think: :think:

6. jayanth

I meant that the royalties be removed. Copy rights be removed. I wanted the Music to be free as in songs. What are music shows for anyways. I tell you from my experience. I would not make as much money selling Cds as much i make with a concert. FRANKLY. Everything Recording and stuff are quite cheap. Let the rates be Nominal . 500 Rs for a Cd is WOW. where as DVD's cost around 2$-3$ ..

7. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

i kinda think that sharing mp3s over the net should be legal.as it is not many know or spend money to be online for 3-4 hrs just to download 2-3 songs.........unless u have a LAN connection:)

:rule: :rule:

8. jayanth

Sharing should be legal....

9. alli

alli The Best Ever

totally.... way to go vijay ... ! :beer:

sharinggggggggggg...if we culd all keep sharingggg...sharing all the things we haveeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....oh wht joy wht peace..and contentment...if we culd keep sharing all we haveee...

10. jayanth

Sharing Is Fun. Sharing Is Living.. Ok I've shared a lot already. Please return my UW.. He he..

11. alli

alli The Best Ever

and i want my bon jovi pick back !!!.... i've shared it enuff with u jay..... @!

bck bck bck !!!! :mad:

(he he.. damn..i doubt this'll work..(fingers crossed ))

12. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

yeh i have shared a lot of stuff....theres nothin wrong in it man.:cool: i have nearly downloaded 30-35 songs and 15-20 music vedios via KAZAA.(a P2P network)and uploaded(shared)20-25 files!!!!!!!! :) :)

13. jayanth

YOu dint share that with me. I flicked it from you... Or DID I??

14. alli

alli The Best Ever

(one eyebrow raised) ... so u mean to say its mine orignally ????

hmmm.................:think: interesting ..

15. jayanth

Oh You Didnt even know???

16. alli

alli The Best Ever

sometihng fishy..ur agreeing too much .... :think:

17. jayanth

Ha ha.. trying to get you jealous. Imagine You had Bon Jovi's pick and i flicked it from you.. He he..

18. alli

alli The Best Ever

..sigh......

19. jayanth

He hehe .. (Still No Evil laughter) I'm not that kind che...

20. alli

alli The Best Ever

HA HA HA ..(thats only ONLY my birthright ):cool: