Moving to india so need new gear

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by south_of_heaven, Apr 2, 2006.

1. south_of_heaven

south_of_heaven New Member

hey. i live in new zealand and am gonna move back to india. i wanted to buy some gear when i get to india. the guitars im lookin for is either an esp, jackson, or most preferably a bc rich warlock. and i was looking for a 15watt line 6 amp. the stuff ive got here in new zealand are a 15w line6 amp. and a bc rich warlock. i pulled the pickups out of the warlock and put in some emgs. im gonna be moving to hyderabad, so i wanted to know how much i could get any of those guitars for. also i wanted to know how much emg pickups would cost. lookin for emg-hz or emg 81s. im into thrash/death metal. stuff like metallica, slayer, lamb of god, opeth,cannibal corpse, pantera, black label society, meshuggah, illdisposed etc. so u know that i need the chunk in my guitar. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^You've got good gear, why dont you just get the guitar with you and you can buy an amp here perhaps. Best case scenario is, get everything you have here.

3. south_of_heaven

i would like to get the stuff along, but im moving to india in a hurry so cant get the stuff along. cant put the guitar in the suitcase and dont think i will be allowed to carry it. any idea how much the stuff would cost there

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u can carry the guitar as cabin baggage, but then that will be your only cabin baggage.......u can get the amp shipped...get ur gear man...the gear u get here is highly over priced and there isnt much guarantee that u willl get waht u want

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

My opinion: Ditch the amp (sell whatever) - buy something in India (plenty of people here to recommend where/what etc)...get a softcase for the guitar and get it as cabin baggage as doc says. I carry a guitar to India everytime I'm visiting on work or pleasure - always! Never had a problem - neither with the airlines nor with customs...but that's cuz my guitars carry battle scars - unlike nice shiny Korean craps people seem to buy these days! :)

6. south_of_heaven

hmm. yea i should try gettin in as cabin baggage, but i just dont want it to be taken away coz im coming via singapore and if i lose it at singapore id be ****ed.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

^You wont dude, that's your personal property. Cabin baggage is always cool. Just as long as it doesnt look like a shiny new piece that you're trying to sell here. Sell the amp, get the guitar.

8. south_of_heaven

cheers guys. any idea how much a line6 spiderII 15w would cost there? i dont mind buying a new guitar coz it would be nice to have some new equipment. maybe a low budget rr and then i could throw in some emgs. how much do the pickups cost anyway

9. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, dude that's the point we've been trying to make. They cost a hell of a lot more than they would if you bought them somewhere else. Import duties mate. However wait for the some of the experts to reply you still might have a chance.

10. south_of_heaven

NZ is incredibly expensive. you have no idea how expensive stuff is here so i think stuff would be way cheaper there. on my last visit there i saw that stuff was a lot cheaper in india than it was out here

11. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

i am pretty sure on this as its my personal experience...SINGAPORE AIRLINES DOSENT ALLOW GUITARS TO BE CARRIED IN AS CABIN LUGGAGE...call the flight office and check with them on this....watever neone says, i can tell u this coz my guitar was NOT allowed by those b******s and only i know how i faced those 24 dreadful hours...addvice : get a hard case and bring ur guitar with you otherwise bhatias in delhi has bcrich, he'll be happy to ship it to u, same for line6, SUN media in mumbai has the lot...u can buy bc rich of www.bajaao.com too...india is cheaper only in low end stuff(thats why), quality stuff do cost u here too but if u've got the taste and the mullah then no bars, go with it...

12. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

forgot, emg's cost here Rs.6000 a piece, available at bajaao.com and onstage (new delhi)(auth dealers for emg's) i thiink 81/85 pair will cost u Rs.10000...

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Just shove the guitar in the case...and like someone had told me...make sure u get tonnes of finger prints on the guitar :). try to soil the hard case a bit:grin: and just walk non-chalantly past the customs, you should be cool.

this is from the singapore airlines site
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/general/legal/carriage.jsp
    Code:
    Para. 8. Unchecked baggage.
    (a) Baggage which the passenger carries on to the aircraft must fit under the seat in front of the passenger or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin. Items determined by Carrier to be of excessive weight or size will not be permitted in the cabin.

(b) Objects not suitable for transport in the cargo compartment (such as delicate musical instruments and the like) will only be accepted for transportation in the cabin compartment if due notice has been given in advance and permission granted by Carrier. The transport of such objects may be charged for separately.

This is more or less the standard norm, and guitars with cases do fit in the overhead compartment. Ideally, they should allow you to carry the guitar, it goes by their rules.

@rammy mebbe u had bad luck;)

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@vishal...y u selling the jem man :confused:

15. south_of_heaven

thnx man. i might even consider couriering the guitar. all depends on how much it costs. the emgs are really cheap in india compared to new zealand. how does this bajaao site work anyway. i wouldnt mind second hand guitars as well. the site doesnt really have any second hand stuff.

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

bajaoo is cool in that respect. cash on delivery.
    and the MD is a guitarist himself so u will get good stuff.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Nope.
    COD is only on very cheap goods.

Besides, the import and dispatch of goods takes a lot of time.

The payment is via cheque or money order.

18. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Did you get your Tech 21 pedal??

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

NO.

:cry1:

20. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Seems like its taking a lot more time than it should. Did you contact Bajao and ask about it.