Movie Black

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rockin'away, Mar 24, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

went to see this movie last night.... it rocks! the acting done by them is great... to act blind AND deaf would b hard but they did it... anothr great thing was there were NO songs!

anyone else seen it?

wat u think about it?

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

outstanding performances from

amitabh bachan
    rani mukherjee
    the little rani mukherjee ( small girl )

3. aleric

aleric New Member

Ayesha Kapoor stole the show............The little KID.

Bachhan again delivers an impeccable performance......Rani could have been better.

But the movie IMO was strictly OK.....I think Sanjay Lila Bansali tried too hard.

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

ok , so her name is ayesha kapoor , she 's too good ,,... really mind blowin performaces...

especially the time , she starts to learn from amitabh !!!

5. Chirag

Chirag New Member

the best performance was by Amitabh , followed by Ayesha and then Rani . the movie was awesome.

6. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I hate SLB's movies.....I've seen HDDCS and Devdas.....regretted both the times...so i don't want a hattrick...:):)....

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yeah..quite a profound movie..it is.. i was completely moved!! and my fave monologue from d movie is "aap kitni der andhere mein reh sakte hain..ek ghata..ek hafta..ek mahina..ek saal?..mein chaalis saal se is andhere mein reh rahi hoon"..yeah hope m correct..i cried many times watchin dis movie! :p it gave me goosebumps!!

tahda!!

8. Taifi

Taifi New Member

what the hell is the movie all about. i saw the trailors but didnt have the mood to watch the whole movie.plz can sum1 summarize the whole movie

9. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I guess i should see the film... Hope to see it soon..

10. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

@Taifi....my bro saw the movie...from what he tells me it's like this....
    A blind girl( Rani) is trying to learn on her own but she can't ....her teacher (Amitabh) teaches her how to deal with stuff even if u r blind...and she completes her degree ....
    And after that....Amitabh goes crazy and Rani teaches him how to read and write...!!!:):)....WTF is that?....Hilarious...:)_:).....totally made for "Oscar Appeal" man ....too superficial and fictitous for me...

11. Taifi

Taifi New Member

what the hell. thatz the whole story. **** man. and ppl said the movies really cool. now i m surely gonna waste 2 to 3 precious hours of my life just to c why the hell ppl think its a gr8 movie

12. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

well... thats not exactly the whole story, and its not that bad. I liked it, but I wouldn't want to watch it more than once.

13. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

@leo.... hey it aint that funny to watch!.. my mum started crying in the bit wen her sis has her engagement meeting and she writes that letter that amitabh ...... the little kid acted well good... to act blind and like the eyes!.... this movie shud get to the oscars.... a great movie!

14. dattaprasad

dattaprasad New Member

yes it was one of the best movies, but the best thing is it is based on real-life story of helen keller. and the worst thing is ppl fail to realize that it was a honest effort by all of them and start criticizing the movie crew like they have been winning oscar for every movie they make.

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@Taifi....at first i too thought it would be a very sad and emotional movie. yes, it was emotional but its completely different than wat i expected. Really worth watching. its not abt struggling its abt being strong.

@bob...do you know ayesha doesnt even know how to speak hindi. she knows english and german.

@datta...its not completely based on helen keller's life.

Loads of my friends say dat this movie was completely made for oscar. reasons....?

1) 80% of movie is in english.
    2) no songs.
    3) 2 hrs movie.
    4) movie involves christian community.

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i gotta see this. i hope this wont be like the filmfare awards.

17. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

ye jay dont miss it... and it isnt like that!..... it is wat cud happen to anyone in real life....great movie to watch!.. and its only 2 hours!

18. same for me well hddcs was ok but devdas was a punishment 3h40 min film my god i was bored to death

hasn't watch black............. :p: ;) though since its 2hr only i think its worth taking the risk of watching :p: :p: ;)

19. kaiser

kaiser Bored

the movie was bull****, to be frank. and all bull**** gets nominated for the oscars (eg. siedways).
    slb makes stuff thats unreal.....over-dramatic. even k johar aint that bad. hum dil was terrible, devdas was nauseating and black was a cinematic failure, man.

the intention was good, no doubt. performances were great all right, but as a film? silly-ass. and big b, christ, why doens't he retire gracefully. hes boring now.

and btw, i gotta question. rani was deaf and blind yeah? cudnt she talk? if she can read braille n can mouth some of the words that mr. b teaches her when shes a kid, why cant she just speak?

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

yay!! kaiser is back.