Mouth Organ

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by Amitguitarwala, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Amitguitarwala

Amitguitarwala New Member

Hello Friends..I have a 16holes Harmonice(Mouth Organ) from Suzuki...i had bought it long back with the intention of playing it...but i don;t know how to..Can anybody guide me please....I can play guitar a bit..so with reference to it, if anybody can guide me...would be very grateful..

2. sandil

sandil New Member

I'm saling in the same ship amit ...
    I started off with Happy Birthday :) it came out well. Try blowing in and blowing out to get the right notes. Try mapping those sounds to your fretboard :)

Am doing a few google's on the mouth organ - will let ya know if I come across something.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

theres a lot of lessons on the net about an instrument called blue harp
    its a ten hole harmonica
    many rock stars use it
    like bob dylan

4. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

mouth organ is one of the easier instruments(in the begining atleast). Try blowing in and out alternately in cosecutive holes, and u'll soon be able to make the familiar Sa Re Ga Ma.. pattern. Try to nail this first, once u've got it, songs are just a few steps away.

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Could ya guys let me know about mouth organs where they block in front and play ... (rather than just blowing).....

I have no idea about mouth organs or things of its type...... It would be great if some one could explain them.......

6. koolstrum

koolstrum The Chosen One

U know when i got it for myself i didnt even know how to play sa re ga ma. Though now i can play "Yeh dosti" n stuff. but still i call my self nothin even close to a beginner. right now guitar is the focus

7. rajibctg

rajibctg New Member

there are websites which do mention which Chords u get when u blow or draw into the instrument. Typical cheap harmonicas are 10 hole with C scale.

# of the Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Blow C E G C E G C E G C
    Draw D G B D F A B D F A

It is easier said than done to master the harmonica. U need a lot of practice and its hard to find tabs for hindi songs. I myself have been searching for a long time with no success. The best thing is trial and error. And also please do post tabs for hindi songs if u guys find any

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Did Some Searching
    Now I Know That The 16 Or 20 Hole Instrument We Are Talking About Is Called A Tremelo Harmonica

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

SO HOW DO I PLAY SHARPS

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

11. coconut

coconut New Member

In a harmonica the sound you get is based on the angle at which you blow into it or draw from it. For the notes mentioned in the post what needs to be practised first is blowing at right angles. A well tuned harmonica with proper angle whiling blowing in or drawing out will give the right notes. Now about how to play sharps, for sharps you have to blow into or draw out at an angle. And that should give you the sharps and flats.

12. aka22_master

aka22_master New Member

welll wat abt chords...how do we go about it...considerin tht i own a 24 hole tremolo....

13. Shafaa

Shafaa New Member

Hi all,

has anyone found the harmonica notes to the sholay tune yet???

14. lucky_che

lucky_che New Member

for free mouth organ tutorial, and many english hindi songs notes of mouthorgan songs , you may visit www.mouth-organ.blogspot.com

songs like -
    Dil ne dil ko pukara
    Titanic
    Kuch kuch hota hai
    Hai apna dil to aawara
    Tune mujhe pechana nahi
    Kyun chalti hai pawan

15. saurabh10487

saurabh10487 New Member

gr8 work mann

16. s4ajay

s4ajay New Member

Sholay tune.....

you can edit the tune as per ur harmonica or as per ur needs...

mine is a 10 hole diatonic key c...

i follow simple notation...for eg 4 blow is 4

4 draw is -4

the sholay tune i play is

4 -5 6 -7 6 -7 6
    4 -5 6 -7 5 -7 5

-6 -6 -6 -5 4 -5 -4

4 -5 5 -6 6 -7 -6 -7

5 -6 -5 4

17. mimoban

mimoban New Member

friends can you give me the tune of the song baatein kuch ankahen si from the movie metro

18. jdkedilse

jdkedilse New Member

sholay tune

I have a 10 hole diatonic too, I play this and find it more correct

4 -4 5 7 6 7 6
    4 -4 5 7 6 7 -4
    -5 -5 -5 5 -4 4 -4 -3
    -3 4 -4 5 -5 6 -6 6 -6 -5 5