Mounting Guitar on Wall?!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vini, Sep 15, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i have seen this around a lot of times.. at home or in Baristas...and i wanna hang my guitar up there too..i mean..mount my guitar on wall :)

so guys what kinda stuff is required..how shud i go about it..what all needs to b done..and also specify where can i get the stuff from :grin:

thanx in adv

2. shak

shak Harrr!

you need proper guitar hangers .. can get them from any music shop (of course ones which actually do have guitars hangin on walls) ..
    they are like a bracket, and a two pronged fork sticking out .. what you do is, slide the neck down the prongs, till they catch it by the headstock ...but only works for thin electrics ..
    for accoustics ..maybe get a larger hanger and hang the accoustic by its strap :S??

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

shahrukh's suggestion is good but I definitely would not recommend hanging your guitar on a wall if you live in a major city in India (especially if you live in a dusty neighbourhood). You will not believe the amount of dust your guitar will collect. It's fine to do this abroad where there is less air pollution but in cities like Bombay or Delhi this is a definite no-no.

Keep your guitar in the case as far as possible. It looks cool outside the case but keep it inside and you will keep it clean and possibly prolong its playability.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

HAH!

just get M-Seal n stick it on the wall ...

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

You get a nail..and hammer the nail to your wall..And keep a string ready..hang the guitar wid the string..:p:

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

put in a case....hang it on a nail....make sure da nail isnt weak or ur guitar will fall off.....and dont stress da neck a lot....

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Get a good Guitar Wall Hanger. It's pretty cheap and it will solve your purpose. But beware, the moisture in the wall could really harm your guitar.

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

taking your inspiratin from saif eh?
    in that case
    paint ur wall blue first:p:

on a more serious note......i agree with DMF ......dont do it...in some time ur guitar will deffo become unplayable

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

10. shak

shak Harrr!

there you go ^ thats what i was talking about

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx a bunch guys

@alfons.. great but if im not mistaken this thing is gonna help me hang my guitar vertically..but nah..i wanna mount it almost horizontally :think:

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm i repeat M-Seal is the best

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

M seal..erm..wont that be too messy..it will discolour my wall and moreover..i dont wanna decorate the guitar i'd eventually be playing it also.. so how will i yank my guitar out once mseal grabs it :mad:

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well usually once u put the guitar on the wall ... it shoulnt be played ...
    or rather it wont remain in playable state ... :grin:

otherwise use what alfons and sharukh told ... that thing is used in studios ...

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

oh..ok! thanx anyway :)

16. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

yeah...even i was planning on that...but i suppose in Mumbai ...it is not advisable....cause one of my friend's guitar neck ghot screwed that way....

17. urazzismine

urazzismine Banned

use industrial strength super glue ... but take care we dont you stuck on the wall instead of the guitar