Most underrated guitarist?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

In my opinion, Andre Olbrich of Blind Guardian is the most underrated guitarist ever. I would rate him as one of the top 10 guitarists currently. He has a full range of techniques and whats even better is his music writing skills... the melodic riffs.

Who's your favourite underrated guitarist?

2. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

MEEEEEEEEEeeeeee!!!!!! :rule:

3. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

i could agree with essi. andre is really good and his riffs and solos amazing, that brings BG such a melodic metal sound that is distinctly different from the others. he sure deserves to be much more famous and respected than he currently is.

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Has anyone seen Slash playin the theme from godfather, in the tokyo tour....has to be one of the finest playin ive ever seen....and so soulful..he makes the guitar cry with emotion

Aka Oz likes this.
  5. esgallindeion

Slash is not underrated. He's an amazing guitarist and receives the recognition that he deserves.

6. esgallindeion

@prash, exactly... so, what all BG stuff do you reckon shows his skill to the best?

7. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I would say Daron Malakian of System Of A Down..

8. prash_rocks

@essi: of the not too many bg songs i've heard, i guess my fav album would be NIME, and my most fav songs would still be nightfall and blood tears - the very first ones i heard from them. and these tracks have some of the most wonderful solos i've ever heard, sort of so mysterious, so gothic. (that probably gives you an idea i prefer not too fast-paced tracks, although i'd say curse of feanor is another great track)

but apart from these, what to me really distinguishes bg from the rest are their brilliant acoustic structures woven so well in a metal framework (past and future secret, harvest of sorrow, bard's song, lotr)... it makes for some of the coolest acoustic things one would ever hear... it really surprises i have never seen him being considered in the 'fav guitarist' polls anywhere... and i'm not sure if many indian metal bands are even aware of their existence.

9. tejas

tejas ..........

I would say Eric weaver of 12 Stones. That guy is really good. And, some of you might not agree with me on this but Wes Borland is pretty good.

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

the system of a down guitarist? wot dya c in him?

esgallindeion likes this.
  11. esgallindeion

I guess I agree with 6 string... as a band, they are not bad, but there are many better guitarists who do not receive the proper regards that are due to them.

@ prash... I'm of the same opinion as you.. not only nime but even the other albums especially IFTOS and ANATO are also quite good reasons why Andre should be included in all top guitarists lists.

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

not sayin that hes underrated.just that hes amazing

13. jayanth

Man Daron can play flying leads. .System's music does not probably suit this but check out his Solo stuff.. YOu wont even remember Fripp and Kirk hammet..

14. esgallindeion

I don't expect to remember Kirk Hammett anyway.

15. jayanth

Me neither.. But Kirk is overrated..

16. esgallindeion

Michael Romeo... I mean, he's not under rated as such, but in this forum he seems to be virtually unknown. I would rate him a top 5 material.

17. jayanth

See i dont know names.. You tell me the Band i will probably have some songs..

18. prash_rocks

haha!

jayanth don't tell me u don't like symphony x!

romeo in fact is considered by some to be technically ahead of even petrucci... only not so famous.

19. jayanth

See i have the whole discography of Symphony X.. never did research on that band.. I LOVE them. .Winters Dream and all those..

20. prash_rocks

quite opposite to me... i'd rather want to know my fav musicians in and out when i really like their music... in fact this applies to all artists and ppl i like in general too... it helps me understand their works better and more intimately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.