Most influence on music scenario

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by debankan, Dec 12, 2005.

?

Biggest impact on Bangla music scenario

Poll closed Jan 11, 2006.
  1. Chandrobindoo

41.7%
  2. Bhoomi

41.7%
  3. Fossils

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Which band do you think has made the biggest impact on Bangla music scenario?Bhoomi with their hit single Barandaye roddur, Chandrobindoo with their unique style of humorous pop or Fossils with their first album?

2. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Keeping in mind 2 major points :

1) The song you named here...."Baranday Roddur".

2) Speculations i have thoroughly made over the months for these bands songs.

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

FOSSILS i banglar crowd ke rock mukhi koreche, er jonno i vote for dem

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

All of 'em made big influences. Though to single out one I will go with Fossils..............

5. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

Chandrabindoo's songs are really sensible ones with great lyrics and pulsating music...they are the only band who have 10 albums to their credit...

Chandrabindoo surely rocks.....I vote for them..

Cheers..!!

6. Deb

Deb New Member

vote for chandrabindoo

Brillience,creativity, and the unique sound ...All in one go...
    guiz am voting 4 chandrabindoo....
    But Bhoomi and Fossils are also great bands...their contribution to the revolution of bangla gaan is inevitable.

tx
    D

7. Strat

Strat Floydian

In terms of influence, voted for Fossils as there are now numerous bands that blindly copy them. Well, Bhoomi too... but Chandrabindu is a band you can't exactly copy, as their primary weapon is their lyrics.

8. debankan

Too true!! Only Fossils are a match for candrobindoos quality of lyrics. Again, lyrics has always been the weak point of Bhoomi. But one has to admit that it was Barandaye roddur that started all the Bangla band craze!

9. probuddha

The lyrics of Fossils do not match those of Chandrabindoo...

Lyrics of fossils are good..specially their first album was too good..but I personally feel that their 2nd album was not that much of a success..And I don't know why they make songs that has a feel of " Life is too miserable to live " and that life is full of pains....why don't they focus on the good things and the sweetness that life has to offer ? Why don't they use their lyrics the other way round ?? That would be great..!! They have tremendous potential.

Chandrabindoo, on the other hand make songs that are a pleasure to hear on..their lyrics are humorous, witty and sensible and makes you feel that there is so much in life to enjoy...and maybe thats why they are such a big success...

Thanks..!!

10. debankan

@probuddha Everybody has different moods. Music reflects that. You listen to chandrabindoo when you are happy, and listen to fossils in a more melancholic mood. And I also say that Fossils matches Chandrabindoo in lyrics. I have heard Chandrabindoo write far worse lyrics than Fossil's second album.

11. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

This is an irresolute topic. I don't think I'll be a good judge of this things. But, on the basis of the topic I go with BhooMi- baranday roddour !!

nIK!:dj:

12. probuddha

Nice thought

Thats a nice way to put it buddy..!!

13. debankan

Thanx! Music does depend on the listener's mood.

14. probuddha

Verry true indeed :)

15. prodyot

prodyot New Member

I vote for chandrabindoo

16. ats

ats Oldie

well .. historically speaking .... it would be mohiner ghoraguli ... they have made bangla music "rock mukhi"

17. ats

ats Oldie

^^^ok ..... cool off ... and teach me a bit about what u call "rock" ...

18. debankan

I haven't heard any song of Mohineer Ghoraguli that can be called rock except Prithibi. And about influencing Bangla music scenario, you must remember that even though they were the pioneer Bangla band, they did not get recognition at their time. It is only after the modern bands made a plce for themselves did the name of Mahineer Ghoraguli resurface. Without the modern bands their name and songs would have slipped into oblivion.

19. ats

ats Oldie

ok ... so rock == distortion on guitar ..........WOW!!! didn't know that ........... thanks dudes .............. well you know what ...... the advent of bangla rock music was a process which was started off by people like sumon, nachiketa and anjan dutta ...... they were the ppl who intrduced the concept of music by an independent person/group without bengali films being in the picture........... and they were the persons who started playing around with lyrics and instruments .......quite unlike the "adhunik" gaan which ppl were accustomed to ....... they paved the way for bands like Bhoomi and Chandrabindoo.... who in turn paved the way for the other newer bands ...... Mohiner Ghoraguli started it all ..... if you didn't know about them .. does not mean they were not there ...... they have shaped the horizon of bengali music ... and yes ... i am very sorry to say that many of the dudes out here are very much illiterate about the concept of rock music ..... Its not music .... its a way of life .. thats all I can say .......... If you think rock is only about distortions and heavy metal ... well it's time you grow up and listen to more of western music ........ learn to appreciate all types of music ........

btw .. passing thougt ....... would you guys call "emono bosonto dine" by chandrabindoo a "rocking" song ?????? It has distortions you know :)

Ats

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

prithibite dist nei..........

@ats................know dis, wb teh fossils chara kono rock band nei.....jodio fossils onkesomoy nijeder blues bole..........

eta onosikarjo je mohinert ghoraguli as 1st band bisal obodan rekheeche.......

but tader obodan is.....bout bangla bands.....

jemon fossils er obodan hobe bangla rock bands........

if mohiner ghoraguli is rock.........den backstreet boy is a hard rock band..........

no offence, tomar kono idea nei bout rock, heavy metal, hard rock, alternative rock/grunge..........ontotoh tomar lekha pore tai mone hocche......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.