More than Words - Extreme

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sixstringwonder, Aug 20, 2006.

1. sixstringwonder

sixstringwonder New Member

Hola!

I am looking to find strumming pattern for this all-time classic. I've tried figuring it out - but for some reason, (a) I am making it too complicated, and (b) it's not sounding as clean ....

Any help will be much appreciated ...

Thanks!!

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

strumming pattern? or the fingerstyle pattern?
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

3. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Dude it is fingerpicked song. Forget the pick buddy. Check out its video on youtube. It explains all the complications. I absolutely love this song, but unfortunately none of the internet tabs are accurate.

4. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

@Johny
    can I have the link?

5. sixstringwonder

Yes, the fingerpicking style. I'd have to lose the pick on this one! I saw some videos on youtube, but none of them that I found are instructional. Anyway, if Jonny can send the link - that'll be awesome!

Cheers!

6. sixstringwonder

7. Johny Bravo

8. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

k thanx bro will check it out.

9. sixstringwonder

Yes the videos are good, but I am not sure if I am good enough to find the nuts and bolts of all the chords they use. I have a fair idea as I have been practicing the song for over two days now - but even then - it's not as good. I am not tuning my guitar down 1/2 step as in the song - but using the standard tuning in stead. That's okay as I sing lower anyways ... Perhaps I will put some' up on soundclick soon ... for u guys to check out.

Let me know if you folks find any reasonably pattern that you've tried out and know it works.

10. sixstringwonder

Oh and another thing - for some reason, my timing with the pluck chords and finger picking is not really upto par ... my brain's frozen trying to figure that out!!

11. Johny Bravo

Dude the video is good only for seeing how the fingerpicking is going. Its no good to figure out chords. Find out a staff notation version of it on eMule. If u know how to read staff music, it will give u good handle on the things. Peace out.

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ absolutely!!

if u know staff notations, then end of the troubles! the patting part could be a lil mind bender though