Money + Fame from music?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Quadrophenia, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

hey everyone..i was talking to afew friends of mine..we're starting a band..*fingures crossed*..

anyway..so we were talking amongst each other and we started talking about why we're doing it ..individually..whats the motive if u like?..
    and someone said..'' i'm doing it for the money and fame!''

isnt this a FACT that if u make music with that in mind u never become successful. isnt that a wrong outlook to music?

they asked me..and i didnt know what to think. :shock: .i didnt agree to the money part....

so what do YOU guys think? :think:

2. ibm

ibm New Member

every body wants to be famous.if u take music as a hobby then money doesn't matter.but if u take music as a profession then money deals alot.

3. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

you hav to look at tat aspect too.... i mean without money u cant live.... and fame is what most people desire.... tat friend of yours is right in a way... but not totally right.... u need to a certain passion for your music... if u dont have that your music will soon jus fade away...

4. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

and ya best of luc...

5. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Passion 4 mUsic... ( + Hardwork + Attitude + Profession )Leads to success...Success leads to Money.......Money leads to Fame ( IN some cases it doesn't )

So in short, it is a simple Vicious cycle.

6. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

well for me Muziq is ma Hobby but what i saw in me is that when i use to play only at home or with friends i wasn't getting anywhere i mean i was able to play almost every song but songs arn't the only thing u play ryte so yea i statred working with pros and not only i gor fame here in canada i got Rich :) its not that am greedy for money or something but yea its like a prize of what i do for people and they return me with Money think it of this way u'll get ma point :)

7. shak

shak Harrr!

huh who cares!!!! u dont need INCENTIVE to make music .. dun be so commercial, just let it flow .. until you can hear yourself talking tooo loud ... just do it, forget the money .. if u r good enuff it will come to you byitself ..
    and dont ever say that you need incentive to make music. ... u used the word motivation thats why i am lettin ya go .. had u used the word incentive i would have beaten your sorry a s s till it bled green blood...

@bleedin guitar: you in canada? which place?

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Dude,... if u like music, then u got it all!
    Do it for music and nothing else, even if u fail and one day u r not left with any friends or money, you could just sit eith a guitar and sing "I fukin hate u"!
    Life needs motive to go on pleasently, and it becomes s h i t t y when the motive turns its head towards money!

9. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Karmanye Va Adhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadachana - Bhagavadgita

10. justnabs

justnabs New Member

First you have to have a desire, a will and a vision.And the will should be stronger than the skill.Fame and money are the major things that motivate you throughout.
    But to come straight to the topic, I'd say fame is more important because you dont feel that you have achieved something till you get fame.But money is also to be kept in mind.

Good luck for the band anyway ;) .

11. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

@shahrukh..it wasnt my '' motive''..the money bit at least..it was someone from our band...
    its just strange bcoz he seemed so convinced that money was the reason why he was doing it..thanks u guys..
    i'm not rong in my thinking..abit of a delimma the guy put me in ....
    i'm doing it for the music..i think money is a by-product..something u get once uve achieved somethign great.

12. Taifi

Taifi New Member

me and bigy have a band and guess what v havent even figured out a motive yet...mayb v have ....mayb i think v wanna become popular...yeah thatz our motive...so just relax and make music to enjoy ur self..good luck wid ur band...

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@ taifi , isnt it ur band??

vocals ~ tasvid ali khan
    lead guitar + back vocals ~ fahad humayun (biggy)
    Rythym Guitar ~ mustafa khalid (taifi)
    drums ~ Hamza ishaq
    bass guitar ~ NO ONE till now

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

IT SHLD BE LIKE DIS---BST PAAKI BANDS----1.STRINGS....2.JAAL.....3.EP......4.SHAMS:grin:

i will join/open a bangla/hindi rock band.........thts fr sure....and yeah....dont want money...jst waanabe populer!!!!!!

14. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well i need money from musik.....everybody needs it.... But NOT fame.....
    its abt being the best guitarist in ur Town...and playing the live musik with energy