Mininova lost the case. End of Public Torrent Databases?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by g0g0l, Dec 1, 2009.

?

Will shutting down the public P2P network end Data Piracy?

1. Yeppie! Piracy ends! I will buy everything online from now onwords!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. This is just a nonsense. Piracy will go on...

80.0%
  3. Can't say :think:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am searching the ****** who did it...... :mad::mad:

20.0%
  5. What's a torrent?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

On 26th of November this year, Mininova.org has finally shutdown their public torrent database and restricted the shared files only to their content distribution service. Read the whole story here :
    https://mnstat.com/images/blog/index.html

Very soon, each and every public torrent download site is supposed to be shut down, or get restricted according to the international laws. The only thing that saving them till time, is the fact that the servers are located in different Countries. So, implementation of this law internationally, is going to take time.

My question is :
    Can this step end data piracy? Or, is it just the P2P networks, that suffer (who stops other file sharing protocols?)...

2. andhura

andhura New Member

No wonder I couldn't find shit on in yesterday. Well, I'll move to the other 1 million torrent sites.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How about puretna type of torrent sites?

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hmm, if it's a private tracker, then it might escape (because, viewing the listings need registration).. IF not, then the site needs to have the copyright for distributed materials..
    Some torrent sites might disable open registration very soon :p

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

thats bad....but we'v still got pirate bay n mononova!..............torrent addict forever!........piracy?....torrents aint stealin its just SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

piratebay.org is closed ( the domain has been parked though). they have a new domain called thepiratebay... I think mononova and thepiratebay will close very soon ( depending on what country it is hosted in).
    I personally believe that sharing is not piracy.Yes, software piracy is something we have to look into, but not the other types. For example, Music and Movies. If someone really likes some project, he will definitely want to buy it and feel proud about it. Suppose if you liked a Shahrukh Khan movie very much, you would definitely want to go to a cinema hall and watch it! So, that actually increases the sales and spreads the word(at least better than not watching the movie)! Google Inc is a great example of giving free products to the customer and still making big money.