Mike Patton

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by shsnawada, May 26, 2006.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Glad to know that you like it. Btw, the story of the creation of this band is awesome:
    Mike patton just called his favourite drummer (dave), favourite guitarist and his favourite bassist to play. They all accepted. And when dave lombardo was sick (on tour) , he called his second favourite Terry Bozzio to fill in and he did aswell. How many people can do that?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Haha, so i read. He definitely seems to be one heckuva guy. Did you check out Hella?

3. shsnawada

I will now :eek::

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Haha, they're awesome. On your own time though.

5. shsnawada

What do you mean by technicalities?

ps: Hella sounds awesome. Like an instrumental DEP on crack.

6. shsnawada

7. hv23

hv23 New Member

mike patton's releasing a solo record again with guests artists such as norah jones. i just got into FNM and Mr. Bungle recently but i already love both bands to death. Fantomas is pretty cool too.

8. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Its kinda slow in this place. Music forum should be scrapped and replaced with a spanking new Jal forum.

+1

9. shsnawada

One of Patton's inspirations apparently

[youtube]dZBREkLcBcM[/youtube]

+ Cheque out john zorn's new album "six litanies". very pattonizing muzak with patton in it.

10. shsnawada

I just went to a Patton + Fennesz concert yesterday and

OH MY GOD!!!
    OH MY!!

It was awesomeness personified with Patton always doing something creative and adding to the atmosphere and Fennesz's guitar noise/drone/ambient stuff producing stomach rumbling noises complementing that. The opening band was creative and experimental so all was good except the fact that the show started 2 hours late. I had to stand for 2 hours listening something similar to hatebreed/obituary. ZWEI STUNDEN!!

Anyway it was the best concert that i've been to, by some distance.