Middle Humbucker for Les Paul Triple Humber Design Guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by lespaulgibson13, Oct 11, 2005.

1. lespaulgibson13

lespaulgibson13 New Member

I have been doing some research lately, and it seems that most companies or guitar shops put in a bridge position humbucker for the middle pickup on these triple humbucker type guitars. Is this true?
    It also seems for the most part that the wiring for these types of guitars that the middle pickup is always on the on position while selecting the treble, rhythm, and treble+rhythm positions. Is this true?
    I have a project 96’ Les Paul guitar that I have been working on for a while and have decided to install a Gibson 57 Classic on the neck and a Gibson 57 Classic Plus on the bridge position. I wanted to add a middle humbucker, but the question is what the hell do I put in the middle position without making it sound like crap? As of now the middle cavity is open with nothing in it. It did have something in it at one time, but was empty when i bought the guitar a last year.
    I'm thinking about putting a Gibson Angus Young pickup as the middle pickup, or should I install something more like a Gibson 500t pickup that Peter Frampton's Signature Gibson guitar has?
    Has anyone out there done something sort of like this, or does anyone have suggestions. I could really use some ideas on this one. Thanks!