Microsoft sucks ?? Come here in ..

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by abhay_saxena, Jul 4, 2004.

1. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

security is not that much of an advantage as is the cost . linux is free and we pay those microsuckers for an operating system. ..

2. satriani

satriani run in veins

hey abhay it means that i shud make c drive partition about 10 gb for both operating system ?

3. satriani

satriani run in veins

thanks dude i will install linux one day with ur help :D if u keep helping me :D

4. satriani

satriani run in veins

hey abhay one more question, how linux security works, i mean as far as i know is that , that linux and unix OS are more secure than any other i mean there is no virus which can attack on them and same for user accounts

5. abhay_saxena

see there can be many partitions for windows .. .so you can use 5gb for your windows C drive,10 gb for windows D drive , 15 gb for windows e drive and the rest 10 gb for linux. leave these 10 gb unpartitioned. these will be automatically used up by linux. when u install windows then only leave this 10 gb unformatted.. . hope u understand. .. i'll surely keep helping. .

6. satriani

satriani run in veins

yaar how can i leave space unpartitioned

7. abhay_saxena

when u install windows it will show you your existing partitions. what you do is .. . you delete all partitions. then you create a 5gb partition. format this in FAT32 or NTFS. then install windows on this. leave the rest of the hard disk as it is. when windows is installed. .. then go to the disk manager and then create further partitions for the D drive and Edrive. .. but leave 10gb empty in the end for linux. you will format only the D drive and E drive. rest will automatically be left unformatted.

8. satriani

satriani run in veins

can i delete one of my extended partition (f drive) will it work from now ?

9. abhay_saxena

yes you can do that also. . . delete it and then install linux on this space left. ..
    try deleting it and tell what happens

10. satriani

satriani run in veins

one more question plz :$ if i delete that abt 10gb partition and try installing on that will it effect on my other drives ? i dont wanna loose my data

11. abhay_saxena

you'll have to backup your data on f drive on one of the other drives and then you can delete this. this won't affect the other drives. don't install linux as yet. . .first try this and let me know ... copy your data on f drive to the other drives and delete the f drive

12. satriani

satriani run in veins

hey abhay u r the man dude u've done it sorry i didn't tell u that i am going to install linux i installed linux on my f drive it installed as it installed i came her to tell u that u've done it thanks alot abhay thanks alot please tell me how can i install modem on linux and how to connect and make internet connection plz

13. satriani

satriani run in veins

abhay post plz

14. satriani

satriani run in veins

abhay man i am waiting yaar

15. abhay_saxena

i'll need some time. .. i'll tell you today evening. .. i'll have to check out my resources. .. cuz i don't use a dialup connection. .. i use an intranet. ..please wait. .. till then you can explore the intricacies of linux

16. satriani

satriani run in veins

still waiting man

17. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

abhay , ur customer is here , come in .....

18. satriani

satriani run in veins

abhay man shud i remove linux :(

19. abhay_saxena

hey wait. ..
    u r not removing linux. ...
    come on man give me some time. ..
    i need some time to find out from my friends and all. .. no one here uses modems ...so please wait. .. 24 hrs and i'll give you the solution

20. satriani

satriani run in veins

still waiting man but today is for last time, its disapointing :(