Metronome for the cell phone?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by i'm_not_neo, Nov 8, 2006.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Does any1 know a good freeware metronome for cell phones?
    I have a Samsung X700 so it has all the features to run one...
    I did check Google before asking here.Did not get good results,just found an evaluation version of phonechord which didn't get installed.
    Plus I'm worried I may install a virus on my phone if I keep trusting the net so much,so I thought I'd askk at the right place to the right people for a change?
    Does any1 know or already use a metronome on your cellphones?

2. jozko

jozko Banned

record some tick tick sound clips as mp3 and loop.
    or follow experts posting V

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Why do you want a metronome on a cell phone dude?

As jozko said, record the tick tick and loop.

4. rohit

rohit New Member

+recording might work.
    i had recorded a casette using my freinds metronome before i bought metronome.

5. i'm_not_neo

Recording will limit the beat frequency.I'll probably have to rec. many clips then.But a good option....
    I use a metronome whenever I practise and I'd like to know if we could have a metronome in the cell phone coz I always carry ma cell with me...just wondering if that was possible...

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Well if you know Java, you could probably code yourself a small applet which could do the job.

I'm pretty sure the X700 supports Java MIDP.

7. rohit

rohit New Member

so you have a metronome.it won't be that hard to carry it with you.it's size is similar to cell phone.if you don't have a metronome then having it on mobile is an good idea.

8. i'm_not_neo

Yeah I don't have a metronome and I don't really want to shell out money for one now,thats why I was looking for it on the cellphone.
    I'll ask one of my comp. engineer friends if they can create a Java applet....

9. i'm_not_neo