Me Covering a few songs :)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Raat, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Raat

Raat New Member

Hey guys,

I've been tryin to sing with my guitar lately, and thought i'd record a few of the songs i've been doin, just so i could judge my progress. Then i thought, i might as well upload it online so i could get you pplz's comments too haha

Anyway, im not really a singer, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Just a heads up, I'm a melodic metal guitarist (I normally play european music, for bands like Stratovarius, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, etc.), so the acoustic genre is new to me :D

I posted this up on a different subforum but apparently its supposed to go here :)

https://www.purevolume.com/Flameshredder

Enjoy, and plz let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Its not bad at all, but there are some things to be improved, the Luka Chuppi song for example, the Taal in this song is not good, not for the strumming and this causes some problem with the Taal of your singing aswell!
    The other song, O Saathya, is done better, but i think its too low for you, try to play it a few notes higher!
    About your singer capabilities, you already mentioned you aren't a singer, a few tips, always try to stay in the rhythm(Taal) when singing, also try to stay in the melody, sometimes you are out of melody, if you are trying to improvise then its good otherwise listen carefully to the original(as many as possible) to remember the original melody, and then the Sur, but is the a disadvantage for almost all singers, try to improve this aswell!!
    Take care man!

3. Raat

Raat New Member

Thanks so much for the advice and tips :) Appreciate it, bro!! I'll definitely work on it and post newer versions soon :)