May their souls rest in PEACE !

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sanjay Mazumder, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

It's really a moment for sorrow as more than 22000 people in Asia lost their lives due to the Waves. We the IGT team pay tribute to all those who lost their lives.

May their souls rest in PEACE !

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

it is surely a very sad incident , which has shaken the world !!

i saw the news this evening and things are quite sad , i really hope that the families of those affected are really taken care of ...

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

many of us have responsiblity to give something(atleast cash) to relief fund.

4. bob-bobby

sure , it is for a good deed ...

5. @all th etoll rose more that 55000 from latest new most worst hit was indonesia maldives n part of india

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Yaar Cannot think about it right now.. I have my friends to be concerned.. Yes i'm quite mean and selfish.. But thats me..

7. bob-bobby

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

What a way to end 2004... damn.. saw the NDTV specials... they're having to burn off the bodies now.. no need for a body count any longer! Just add say bout 2000 to any of the body counts coming up... I think the actual number will be even greater

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

The whole of IGT mourns for the dead, me especially.......tragic, i have found a relief organisation which seems genuinely interested in helping the affected. Will donate everything i have.....

10. Sanjay Mazumder

What the hell's happening? Hey Almighty, Please stop any more deaths.......
    This is the greatest of all the natural calamities since 1900. So, why don't we come forward and donate whatever we can. Even "one-man-one-rupee" will make one billion rupees only from INDIA. So, it's a request to one and all to come forward. SO, LET'S COME FORWARD AND DO SOMETHING FOR HUMANITY........... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE................................

11. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Its a Blast..

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Thanks d_ist_urb_ed. Hope all are like U.

13. mr_bean

mr_bean New Member

Rip

I really hope that thier souls rest in peace.I feel the same as u do and hope that everybody else does.

14. jayna_420

jayna_420 New Member

its true about the one rupee sanjay.... we all sometimes assume that someone else will be able to donate or donate more, but if no one thought that, that alone would probably be the end of world poverty. where better to start than with ourselves?

a prayer for everyone effected.

15. bob-bobby

well todays update :

zee news announced that more than 85,000 people dead and many are still missing , according to red cross the figure already crossed 100,000.....

this is the worst disaster the world have ever faced ...

it is a pity after science bieng so advanced they couldnt warn their childrens ...

16. Venus

Venus New Member

man last i heard it was 65,000........... god its rising fast........

17. Sanjay Mazumder

Yeah, now it's useless to count the numbers, it's more than 1,00,000. It's time to do something for them.

18. bob-bobby

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Dude, Animals rule.. they got esp or something man.. wish we humans had such stuff too... please help with this thing!

20. Sanjay Mazumder

Well, these are the ways to help which I've found in the Poetery and Lyrics Forum posted by learningguitar2. And I've copied and pasted it here as I think that it should be here.

Ways to Help

Hotlines for Indians in wave-hit areas

December 28, 2004 15:30 IST

The External Affairs Ministry of the Government of India has set up control rooms in New Delhi, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Maldives, Singapore and Malaysia to provide assistance to Indians in the tidal wave-hit areas.

The Delhi control room will be headed by Additional Secretary Talmiz Ahmed.

The telephone numbers are: 00-91-23011849/23382248. e-mail: asad@mea.gov.in & psasad@mea.gov.in

The numbers in other countries:

Bangkok (Thailand): tel no: 00-662-2604166/2580300-05; fax no: 00-662-2584627/2621740. e-mail: indiaemb@mozart.inet.co.th

Jakarta (Indonesia): tel no: 00-62-21-5204153, fax no: 00-62-21-5204160; e-mail: eoijkt@indo.net.id & ambindia@indo.net.in

Colombo: tel no: 00-94-11-2472684/2422788; fax no: 00-94-11-2446403/2448166; e-mail: hoc.colombo@mea.gov.in

Male (Maldives): tel no: 00-960-324857/323015; fax no: 00-960-324778; e-Mail: hoc.male@mea.gov.in & itm.male@mea.gov.in

Singapore: tel no: 00-65-90262594/97536565.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia): tel no: 00-603-20953369 e-mail: highcomm@po.jaring.my & fsch@po.jaring.my