Marshall MG30DFX

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

could someone please tell me how good or bad this amp is..does anyone have this one...or used this one before....do i still need to get an effects processor if the amp has em...if yeas how are digitech rp50 and rp100

2. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

These don't have foot switchable channels, so you'll need a processor if you wanna gig. Frankly, nothing beats a Marshall at the OD, especially if you got a decent guitar. The better the guitar the better will the Marshall respond. The inbuild effects are also damn good, but still again not foot controlable. Get a MG50DFX ot 100DFX, they're foot switchable and have loads of options...

The 50dfx is some 16/17 grand I think and 100 is 19 grand.

If you're gigging get the big amps, or get a processor.

3. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Oh and nothing breats a Marshall clean either, plus Marshalls are fucking loud. My 15 watter puts the 30watters of Stranger to shame... granted they're louder, but sounding ugly!

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

finally a reply.......:) ..now do i need to get a processor if i have the effects in the amps...coz Mg30dfx does...

5. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Go read my replies again.

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

An Amp will have no effects in it. .Maybe some amps do..But the stuff we get here dont.. So i suggest you go for an entry level Processor.. A Zoom 707II or Korg AX 100G ..

7. subhajit_981

subhajit_981 New Member

well bud marshall is a marshall. warm fuzz distortion ,heavy grunge , or muted crunch this is ur amp.
    not too good for clean guitaring however luv the FDD feature

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey MG series is not the real "marshall" ... coz it is not a triode/pentode amp ...
    altho it tries to emulate the vavle sound it cannot do so accurately ... in that reagrds i feel it is better to go for a processor which has Marshall emulation + u'll get loads of other FX ...

if u are going for MOSFETs why waste money on Marshal -> go for a processor ...

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

the mg amp is actually quite good - it maybe digital emulation - but the 30dfx is a good amp...

either ways - we ought to stop replying to this thread - i jsut saw that this was posted ages and ages ack..

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL yeah ...

he must've p****ed the amp by now ...