Marshall Amp giving me Troubles.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varundbest, Jul 4, 2015.

1. varundbest

varundbest New Member

Bought on - March, 2012
    Problem since - An year or so.
    Model - Marshall MG CDR15

Symptoms - Out of nowhere, my amp stops to produce any sound. Mostly it happens at the beginning but sometimes in the middle of playing. Previously it used to be only with channels, for example if i'm having trouble on distortion then i just switched to clean and it used to work or i could strum my guitar vigorously and switch to and fourth between channels and it would work. Now it does not fix it, the only way to fix it is to crank the volume up and vigorously start strumming and it will crackle a bit but then start back suddenly with loud volume and then i'd just reduce the volume and play.

I opened my amp up and everything seems pretty fine to me, the pictures and audio recording -

Audio

First image

Second

Third

Please tell me what could be the possible problem. Its really hard to find even a half-decent guy who can fix an amp over here and even if i have to take it to someone, i don't wish to get duped.

P.S. - Don't judge my playing based on it, it was merely for demonstration of fault. Not Any Performance. Most of you will find first minute enough to see the fault however i did notice crackling a little later as well. However, after i fix it by turning the volume up and stuff, it generally works fine for 0.5 to 3 hours.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Your pots (potentiometers) are bust.
    Need to replace those.

3. varundbest

varundbest New Member

Hmmm. sure? How much should it cost? Should i take it to any On Stage store nearby?

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Perhaps the switch/button might also be a culprit.
    All these things should be available for less than Rs 500.
    By all means take the amp to Onstage.