Marathi Guitarist Jaga Ho!!!

Discussion in 'Marathi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sDEVs, Jan 20, 2008.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi Friends,

Just a chit-chat thread on our Marathi guitar songs - nothing else, but intresting. may be many of you also must have had a same experaince! Share it here...

I am playing guitar since a decade & have a very bad experiance of marathi songs.

Whenever I play Hindi or English, they are really appreciated, but when it comes to marathi... Guitar formula doesnt work.

I have played it with couple of Sangeet Visharads & few reknowned people in the art of music (Indian classicals), but the have never approved the chords & strum that really are played for marathi songs.

The reasons may be -
    1. Marathi songs are mainly based on Harmonium base.
    2. There are a lot of other local instruments like Daffli, Tal, Tabla, Dholiki.
    3. The rhythm is not even & varies with the "raag" it is crafted into.

I was only approved of being correct to Garava songs, but not with Dhagala Lagli Kala, & other songs...

So, I really fear of playing those solos...

Similiar exp. are welcomed along with your comments...

Thanks,

Shri

2. tabmaster

tabmaster New Member

i totally agree wid u ....
    marathi songs r quite hard to play on guitar...

but did u saw marathi-sa-re-ga-ma-pa ??
    that guitarist was playing almost all song very smoothly.
    and new songs r mostly chords based song dat u can play easly.
    wot do u think ??

3. lodhra

lodhra New Member

Well
    I think people like you who have this great knowldege of music must really recreate some of marathi songs on guitar. see man nothings impossible. i agree marathi songs are raaga disciplined and also lots of it goes to the way they were recorded with orchestration but i think we have enough talent to recreate this ongs with guitar and a new rhythym.
    with my modest knowldege i am trying to experiment with some oldies.
    i think ppl who have love for marathi music must contribute.
    New generation music directors like Ajay-Atul have done some wonderful work. Take for ionstance the latest tiltle song of saade-maade teen
    I think you guys must work on some songs like "Pahile naa me tula" or songs from movies like"Ha khel savlayancha" and infact many of Hridaynath mangesjkar songs which can be recreated with some cahnges

Just an idea

Experts inputs please

4. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Marathi Maansa .. Ata tari jaaga ho ..

Uttar Bharatiya (North Indian) guitarists are not welcome to this thread.
    Uttar Bharatiya hatao!

Jai Maharashtra!

5. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

No Politics in threads!!!!!! HA HA

Ok, Ya I do agree with your views that marathi songs can be recreated with guitar, some of Hridaynath Mangeshkar's Works - like "Ti Geli Tehva Rimzhim", I am planning to work on that song. But forget putting something new in those songs, we just have to omit other instrument & aided with a good voice, just can play chord rhythm & a base (if needed)... Nothing else.

Actually, those "Rasik" of Marathi songs, feel that any new thing addedup in the oldies (called as Marathi Sahittye) is infridgment in their world, their highiest classical world. May be hence even if it sounds good, leads to laugh, tease & demoralise the creaters.

The same thing happened with "DHAGALA LAGLI KALA" Remix!!! Even if the song was very good (For modern class) than the original "Dafli" version, Marathi Critics didnt appreciate it.

So, while choosing a marathi song, it must be rather very new, like "Man Udhan Varyache" "Saade Made Teen" mainly of Ajay Atul.

OLDIES MUST BE HANDLED WITH CARE...

6. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Sa re ga ma - is a different game...

There are lot of differences when playing with a group (as like on the TV shows) & playing Solo.

TV Groups actually have their main music load on
    "Keyboard - for base & music" & "Drums - for beats"
    Hence it hardly matters what the guitar is playing.
    I had a prof. guitarists who was playing in a TV studio as guitarist for a couple of months, he told me - every guitarist stands besides the Keyboard artist - and just follows his chords (by looking at his hands), everyone does it. If you see their hands carefully they really play just 2 chords without major shifting.

But, Its a totally different game in Guitar Solo Playing, we have to play
    - Lead pieces in between, whereever neccessary (by stopping the chords)
    - Play beats in strumming pattern
    - Take rests
    - Sing along (a hard part)

Hence, sa re ga ma playing is easier than Solo.

7. tabmaster

tabmaster New Member

hey bro ...
    how can u say like that it hardly matters wot guitar is playing
    guitar mulech tar vaatavarn bharun nighate...
    tithe kahihee vajuvun thodich chalte .

i agree dat playing solos is completely diff thing...
    we must do some work on it.

8. tabmaster

tabmaster New Member

As per ma knowledge,
    pt. hridaynathanchi gaani hi mostly chords based astat (correct me if i wrong)
    for e.g songs frm Jait re jait etc.
    we can try that songs
    wot say ??

9. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya we can really try out these songs which really are good, & share our chords... Good Idea Tabmaster. You go on with Jait re jait & I'll try for TE GELI TEVHA RHIMJHIM PAUS NINADAT HOTA...

Any one wanna try something marathi? Welcomed...

10. lodhra

lodhra New Member

Great times for Marathi

Hi

If talented people like Sdev are taking initiative we can expect some great work. Please try it guys and we can do something good for our culturally rich and talented marathi structure.

I am also isolating certain songs which i will try and recreate (though i may put i am not as talented as you guys out there)

Just waiting.....

Al the best

11. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

hey, It's a hard job. I dont think Im also talented for that...

12. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

but we all giving reviews to each other & promoting (not demoting) those marathi songs can really create something good... I have started the job...

will let you know on Friday whats the Output...

13. tabmaster

tabmaster New Member

hey guys
    don go with old songs...
    first try out new ones like sandip-salil songs or ajay-atul..etc
    chk out my chords of "maza bolna..." frm album Divas ase ki...

Chak de ! marathi :band:
    :rock:

14. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya would like to hear it... plz submit the link here...

15. tabmaster

tabmaster New Member

i hvnt recorded it ...
    but u can try it urself
    i hv posted in this forum
    just chk out...

16. sneha.jagmohan

sneha.jagmohan New Member

Guitar and Marathi Music

Ram Ram,

If we are talking about Marathi and Guitar together - many songs come to my mind, the first one being 'Mehendichya panawar'.

Well, ofcourse one should not try to forcefit natyasangeet and folk music into guitar. One can attempt for a remix but originals be originals. I mean just imagine - a gondhal or a Bharud or a powada with a touch of guitar!! Some of our folk music better be unmixed with remix!

By the way, perhaps many come straight to the marathi group. Since I registered just now, I visited first the root forum and then came to marathi forum. There you can see some interesting statistics and can explain why we feel that there is no guitat in marathi! 82 threads in marathi Vs next minimum of 506 threads in Tamil! No wonder we feel very lonely in the world of guitarist. Is there is forum for daf, tuntune, dhulki, chaal and peti? Or for taal, zaanj, mrudung and peti?

regards,

Jagmohan

17. godblessme

godblessme New Member

It's actually a Good !dea ... !
    Insted of Tuntuna play Guitar ... ;)

18. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya "Mehadichya Panawar" Is Very Good- The Intro...

And the question of using guitar as tuntuna is best

- Just Imagine -

Ha ha ha

Now CASIO & YAMAHA have introduced "Indian rhythm" Keyboards...

They have tabla thekas!!! Can be used for bharuds - It's true...

19. pravin4u

pravin4u New Member

20. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

Bara watla vachun...

Jai Hind..Jai Maharashtra

...mi baghto kahi contribute karta yeil ka!