Mangal Pandey

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Aug 11, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey what do u guys think of the fate of Mangal Pandey.....i reckon it's gonna b a hit....the promos look interesting..............but it's just that they have included some ****ty songs without no reason in the movie.....that's gonna take some points away from the movie.......wat do u think

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i dun waste my tme seeing freedom fighting movies in 20th era!:p:

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

its gonna be hit..biiiiiiiiiig hit
    i think every1 shd see this movie..
    we all shd see these kinda movies;...related to our freedom struggle.. :rock:

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah some biiiiiiiiig hit so biiiiiiiiig the it will hit the oscars
    and india will get selected till final round and loose like in cricket!

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i read in toi..that mangal pandey was/is an over hyped freedom fighter..and most of the time such things/events were credited to him which he never did :) however the film has been made wid quite a research and lotsa money and not to forget amir khan is there which his big moustache!!...so people r game to go ahead and watch it! i have a feeling that this will be just another hit..it even recieved a standing ovation (the rising ;) ) in some International Film Festival...
    so much for a been nowhere done nothing hero; mangal pandey!..this movie is gonna be a hit i guess :think: and its very important even for khan's career.. lets wait n watch! :grin:

tahda!!

6. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

@rokingevil the problem indian team is also in u .. u think negatively

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

I think its gonna be a awesome movie,..... e-sqr(multi complex in pune) is hosting 17 shows of that movie per day :rock: ,....... will be watchin it 1st day 9.15pm show. Will post in then.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

^^17 shows of the same movie per day??? Damn..thats nuts. Anwway, I am looking forward to watching it, looks interesting.

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

thanx 4 da comment nemo!

my bro saw n got many film star's auto graphs icluding:: bipasha, john, srk, hritik, rani n more yesterday near inox after they finished with their interview giri!

10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

some historians say he wasnt a freedom fighter .........he revolted by chance

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Crap movie,.... total paisa waste,... pls dont go waste yr time watching this movie.

The 1st half revolves around amir n a brit called gordon, I felt like i was watchin sholay part -2 with veeru n jay replaced by these two. Then comes rani mukherjee in picture,..... n the gr8 revolter Mangal is shown acting like a majnu by goin n meeting her on the terrace like place of her mujra hall.

Second half,..... these soldiers are acertained about the usage of cow n pig hide on the cartridges they r supposed to chew off,... n they start a revolt,... within 1/2 n hour after that,.... movie khatam.

Very tp movie,..... sadly i didnt like amir's performance at all in this movie, he seems to be caring to much abt his looks rather than his acting thru out. He's given few chances where he could give the movie some punching scenes,.... but he's failed dreadfully. Infact that brit guy,.. whose shown as amir's friend,.... Amir n he have got one one chance each to shout out a senti speech,.... n undoubtedly Mr Brit has outperformed amir in that case.

The story writer, director, actors have totally failed in depicting anything called as history. After watching the whole movie,..... i kinda thought it was more of a insult to a brave soldier like Mangal Pandey.

I say Bhagat Singh(ione starring Ajay Devgan) scores farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than this one.

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Nobody had even heard about mangal panday until savarkar wrote about him in his book
    From the record of his trial he confesses that he was acting under the influence of alcohol and opium when he shot a british officer and it had noting to do with patriotism
    And thats the only record there is about him.

13. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^^ n where did u get this from?? (Sources?)

I hope its not just some article in the news papers,.... some of them just write in crap if they dont find anything else to write.

14. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey guys, just saw the movie yesterday..............it's good but it could've been better......the songs in the movie just distract and are pretty worthless and the same can be said for rani mukherjee and amisha patel

performance wise, aamir, obviously is good.....but the english actor (the guy who was the villian in die another day) really steals the show

watch it atleast once.....definitely

15. ahsanai_12

ahsanai_12 New Member

not a bad movie actually..i watched it..its not as funni as lagaan offcourse buh its a good tyme pass