Male and Female Brains are Different ....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bob-bobby, Feb 15, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

It's an argument that's as old as it is contentious: that male and female brains work differently.

It's also spawned countless self-help books (think "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus") and bland jokes about women being unable to read maps, or men never asking for directions.

Source

2. browneyegurlie

browneyegurlie Sweet as Honey

ya thats true...like the idea women can multi task etc
    i read this article once where like they showed all the stuff women have to think about and the stuff men do and like its all very different

3. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

A man's brain is a scientist's brain and a woman's brain does multi-tasking on how to get a facial and how to make her husband's pocket empty.... :)

4. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

women=expensive....my wallet's been full for weeks since my girlfriend is out of the country till march...yes thats why im on the boards too often. i need a hobby.

5. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

^^^^Good news.

6. nadish

nadish Active Member

Even the weight of both Male/Female are diffrent...

7. no doubt abt that but who has got the better one?

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Dont start a contest:shock: Doesnt matter, each is special in it's own way:)

9. ^^ ok well all i can say it varies some women have good n better ones n others bad one n this applies ALSO for men
    so no contest plzzzzzzzz
    thnx

10. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

--------------------------

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

:confused:

12. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

oh no not again. .. i hope this does'nt go into another men vs. women thread.. .! i hate those. .

13. sam_rules

sam_rules New Member

:beer:

the saying is quite true. but there are exceptions .a friend of mine has a gf who pays all the bills herself. i pray to god everyday may i get a gf just as pious as she.

14. Nayan

Nayan .:Humblebee Jumble:.

"Scientists say males have more activity in mechanical centers of the brain, whereas females show more activity in verbal and emotional centers."

cant agree more...

On a lighter note and in healthy humor...

HER DIARY: Saturday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing. So I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong, he said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset? He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he didn't say I love you too. When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched T.V. He seemed distant and absent. Finally I decided to go to bed. After about 10 minutes he came to bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts were somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore. So I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY: The Lakers lost today, but at least I got laid.

15. aleric

aleric New Member

Well, I have posted this earlier........But will post again...........

In-class Assignment for Wednesday - A True Story"

Remember the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"?

Here's a prime example offered by an English professor from the University of Phoenix:

"Today we will experiment with a new form called the tandem story. The process is simple. Each person will pair off with the person sitting to his or her immediate right. As homework tonight, one of you will write the first paragraph of a short story. You will e-mail your partner that paragraph and send another copy to me. The partner will read the first paragraph and then add another paragraph to the story and send it back also sending another copy to me. The first person will then add a third paragraph, and so on back and forth. Remember to re-read what has been written each time in order to keep the story coherent. There is to be absolutely NO talking outside of the e-mails and anything you
    wish to say must be written in the e-mail.

The story is over when both agree a conclusion has been reached.

"The following was actually turned in by two of my English students: Rebecca (last name deleted), and Gary (last name deleted).
    -------------------------------------------------

THE STORY: (first paragraph by Rebecca)
    At first, Laurie couldn't decide which kind of tea she wanted. The chamomile, which used to be her favorite for lazy evenings at home, now reminded her too much of Carl, who once said, in happier times, that he liked chamomile. But she felt she must now, at all costs, keep her mind off Carl. His possessiveness was suffocating, and if she thought about him too much her asthma started acting up again. So chamomile was out of the question.
    ----------------------------------------------
    (second paragraph by Gary)
    Meanwhile, Advance Sergeant Carl Harris, leader of the attack squadron now in orbit over Skylon 4, had more important things to think about than the neuroses of an air-headed asthmatic bimbo named Laurie with whom he had spent one sweaty night over a year ago. "A.S. Harris to Geostation 17,....", he said into his transgalactic communicator. "Polar orbit established. No sign of resistance so far..." But before he could sign off a bluish particle beam flashed out of nowhere and blasted a hole through his ship's cargo bay. The jolt from the direct hit sent him flying out of his seat and across the cockpit.
    (Rebecca)
    He bumped his head and died almost immediately, but not before he felt one last pang of regret for psychically brutalizing the one woman who had ever had feelings for him. Soon afterwards, Earth stopped its pointless hostilities towards the peaceful farmers of Skylon 4. "Congress Passes Law Permanently Abolishing War and Space Travel," Laurie read in her newspaper one morning. The news simultaneously excited her and bored her. She stared out the window, dreaming of her youth, when the days had passed unhurriedly and carefree, with no newspapers to read, no vision to distract her from her sense of innocent wonder at all the beautiful things around her. "Why must one lose one's innocence to become a woman?" she pondered wistfully.
    ------------------------------------------------
    (Gary)
    Little did she know, but she had less than 10 seconds to live. Thousands of miles above the city, the Anudrian mothership launched the first of its lithium fusion missiles. The dim-witted wimpy peaceniks who pushed the Unilateral Aerospace Disarmament Treaty through the congress had left Earth a defenseless target for the hostile alien empires who were determined to destroy the human race. Within two hours after the passage of the treaty the Anudrian ships were on course for Earth, carrying enough firepower to pulverize the entire planet. With no one to stop them, they swiftly initiated their diabolical plan. The lithium fusion missile entered the atmosphere unimpeded. The President, in his top-secret Mobile submarine headquarters on the ocean floor off the coast of Guam, felt the inconceivably massive explosion, which vaporized poor, stupid Laurie and 85 million other Americans. The President slammed his fist on the conference table. "We can't allow
    this! I'm going to veto that treaty! Let's blow 'em out of the sky!"

--------------------------- --------------------
    (Rebecca)
    This is absurd. I refuse to continue this mockery of literature. My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic semi-literate adolescent.
    (Gary)
    Yeah? Well, you're a self-centered tedious neurotic whose attempts at writing are the literary equivalent of Valium. "Oh, shall I have chamomile tea? Or shall I have some other sort of @#%^&*@ TEA??? Oh no, I'm such an air headed bimbo who reads too many Danielle Steele novels."

(Rebecca)
    @#$%^&*

(Gary)
    #$%^&

(TEACHER)
    I really liked this one! Only group to get an A+

16. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

17. Nayan

Nayan .:Humblebee Jumble:.

@subhro me too got it from some friend... and quite liked it... :p:
    Hey missed out on your thread... Actually was not aware of the existence of Chichat Lounge for a long time... :eek::

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

whats the big fuss about brains ??????

male and female so many other things are different - their behinds for example - girls have more pointed ones - lord neo knows all about that ;)

19. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

unfortunately/fortunately we reason wid our brains and not wid our behinds. so dis big fuss abt brains n not behinds.

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

this one could not have come from your brain !!!!