Make ur OWN ELECTRIC GUITAR from scratch (almost)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Hav0c_x, May 17, 2005.

1. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

it is cool....... hell yeah..........

2. DJnu

DJnu New Member

hey havoc why dont u put a pic of the guitar tht u made.... since almost every1 is askin for a pic why dont u post one.....lets see how ur work is...

3. abhishekup123

abhishekup123 New Member

dats too easy man! jus a bit of physics!

4. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

:nw: havoc ...dunno how much i can work it out but yeahhhh awesome dude :nw:

5. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

man u r a genius

6. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

Something to ur aid

Problems understanding the wiring of the guitar. Well i dont know the internal part of the guitar but am really inspired by ur doings. i am designing my guitar right now.

Heres a file i posted earlier but this time please someone go thru it and explain to me the stuff.

and BTW can u give me a step-by-step guide to build the pick-up.

Attached Files:

7. Harsh Kumar

so now no one is interest or what

8. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Nice to see this thread back and alive after a long time.

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Harsh what is it that you want expained in thoise schematics ? Guitar wirings can go from any thing down to earth simple with one pickup with absolutly no tone or volume controls to ENDLESS swithing systems.. I like to keep mine simple with one volume and one tone control

10. Harsh Kumar

see even i dont mean what that means, i thought u guys knew it, if u do then explain me this stuff. i still cannot figure out how u made the pickups and how do u add the volume and tone controls.

please can someone re-explain the stuff.

11. Harsh Kumar

can ne1 plz re type the how to make the pickup again. Reps gauranteed for satisfactory reply

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

theroticaly speaking making one is simple.. Practicalyy it involves lots and lots of patience....

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Harsh I asked you whihc scematic you want to understand... Nobody is going to explain each and every scematic... and I think the scematics are very simple to understand.... a wire from the pickup goes to a switch whihc is connected to a volume and tone control.....

the most basic pickup would be a lots and lots and lots of copper wire ( almost as thin as your hair or may be thinner) wraped around a bar of steel with a magnet attached to the bottom...... Sounds simple... but try wraping all that wire around without breaking it and precisly,,,,

14. Harsh Kumar

i rapped the wire on a bar magnet. what to do with its ends.........

and BTW whats this piezo element

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^ how much wire ? you need to wrap a lot of wire and properly for it too work... As I said this is easier said then done...... that is why we have CRAPY pickups and GREAT PICKUPS... To many wraps and a very very powerfull magent will choke the strings.. too little and you wont get enough output.. Alos the gauge of the wire will make a diff in the tone and output.. so will the strength of the magnet.

16. Harsh Kumar

i have an average magnet, some good Cu wire (as thin as hair). i wraped till i got a 1.5cm height from the magnet.
    what do i do with the ends of the wire.

and BTW are both the ends of the wire to be left open. wat to do
    plz help

17. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

one end is for out put the other end needs to go to ground....

18. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

cool..... this thread stil lives... havent been on this thread for about a year.......COOL...

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Bwahahahaaaaaaaa

Ego trip ...

20. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Did anyone make a guitar using this thread?

...and post count +1