Make ur OWN ELECTRIC GUITAR from scratch (almost)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Hav0c_x, May 17, 2005.

1. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

u need a a special bridge for that.. u can buy it and screw it in the place where ur current bridge is....use a bridge used in elec g's

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

Well Ok, hoping that It won't be too expensive :):):)

3. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hey I'm lucky that there is a Hollow Guitar Factory in our area, they make complete Acoustic guitars (Without Strings) and supply them to the market, I asked them to make a neck for Electric guitar for me, and they made that, they charged Rs/600 and I think its not a bad deal... isnt it???

4. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

hey...thats great.. remember that i said i was giving my olevels in the begginong of the thread. well igot my result and thanx to God i topped in my skool with 11 a's , thats straight a's in all subjects....

5. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

dude
    i wud open a guitar shop if i was in ur area
    RS 600 for a neck of electric guitar is very cheap

6. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

amir zaki also makes guitars for a living :D ...congrats on ur results @ hav0c!!

7. kido_guitarist

kido_guitarist New Member

cool man i really like ur job ,,, wat is A plass & where to get the bar magnet

thanx dude
    i ll try in ma vaccations

8. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey guys great discussion. Here's my first guitar (black one). The rest are a few projects On and OFF. The bass body u see wil be a 5-string bass with P-J config.
    The two guitars in the top of the pic are made entirely out of scrap. The headless one has keys behind the body and the bass is a one-day project just for the heck of it. My black guitar was made six years ago and as it shows has collected a lot of dirt when i was away doing my engineering. See my latest projest in post ur guitar discussion.
    Regards
    Luthier.

Attached Files:

9. jahanzeb_leo

jahanzeb_leo New Member

Nice work Havoc~~~

I am a beginner and I had problems choosing a good guitar of reasonable price. Thats solved ma millions problems and now i have my own custom made electric guitar. Thanx pal..

██████रो█████क██और███रो███ल███████
    ........(....\.................../....)
    .........\....\................ /..../
    ..........\....\.............../..../
    ...........\..../´¯.|.¯`\./.../
    .........../... |....|.... (¯ `\
    ..........|.....|´¯.|´¯.|\....\
    ..........\......` ¯..¯ ´......•
    ...........\_ ............ _.•´
    ██████रो█████क██और███रो███ल███████

ROCK ON.................

10. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

u stiill ahvent posted ur guitar pic

11. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

works really well

i'm 15 rite now and made an electric guitar last year with my elder bro's help.
    well i used deal wood.
    got the fretboard made from a carpenter(24 frets)
    freaky shape(i bet u wouldn't hav seen this kind of guitar)
    steel scrath pad,(its has a gaused finish i don't know wat they call that.)
    enfield gears as knobs.(yeah the bike's stuff)
    grover keys(500 bucks)
    two dual coil humbuckers.(400 each)
    got the bridge from the same shop where i bought all the parts-JAZZ musicals in bangalore.
    its an awesome guitar tonewise but by the time i finished it i was glad my dad bought me a fender.

12. matrix

matrix New Member

Man Read This

:cool: I just wanna tell u guys that

OK . Nice post . ALLrit. I liked it. But a similar post has been posted on www.ultimate-guitar.com and i think the posting date there is just 1 or two months b4 this post. so get the point guys.

MatriX
    :think: :think: :think: :cool: :cool:

13. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

hey bozo...i want the link to this page from ultimate guitar..... prove it..... (sheesh) how ppl can lie put of jealousy.....

14. matrix

matrix New Member

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Hey man Just go n c this page n just surf through it. n dont forget 2 look at the older posts ( yeah the old ones ) and i nver said that u STOLE the idea. i just pointed out that there are others hu have posted the same thing. neway just give it a look

( PS i am not a bozo :) lol )

15. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr I dont know where to get Magnets from??? I bought a bar magnet (Which is frequently used in 9th class in physics practical) but that didn't work...

16. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

man... that guy has laid all the stress on carpenatry and used all premade pickups and electronic stuff... where as me on the contrary .... have shown u how make the electronic stuff from scratch.... so u can actually refer there for alll the wood work ... and if want to use my guide to the elctronix... NOTHING INCOMMON

himika9 likes this.
  17. bloodlin3

bloodlin3 New Member

Hey JusT reAd da posTs way 2 go havoc ...........

18. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

good! i think it worked

19. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

did it worked or not... please anybody tell me!

20. magicalaks

magicalaks New Member

yeahi tried it myself .... it worked!