Make ur OWN ELECTRIC GUITAR from scratch (almost)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Hav0c_x, May 17, 2005.

1. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

how come my rep's still so low....

BIG_EVIL, hindiRox, DrSaurabh and 2 others like this.
  2. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

Havoc yours is a great idea m8, but I find a few flaws in it.

See when professionals make the guitar , they laminate the magnet with thin sheets so as to prevent flux loss, and in your case you will have to strum the string really hard to get any sound because the flux change produced by ordinary strumming will be lost to the environment.

There will also be hysterisis loss.

So, if you can replace the magnet with a laminated magnet, it might sound better.

LOLZ, im 16 too and with ur kind of knowledge, it shouldnt be tough getting As and Os and getting yourself a new electric dude!! :)

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Havoc,
    You are too good. Why dont you post a picture of your guitar and also some sound clips.

4. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

well laminated magnet might help...but you dont have to strum really hard... the sound is magenified twice once by the preamp and once by ur speakers....and also if u use more coil it will be more sensitive... besides lamination only decreases the magnetism... thats also essential bcoz if u use a really strong magnet... the vibrating string wont be able to prduce a noticeable change in the flux....... and yup... 16's rock

5. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

well as for my picture with guiatr... my avatar is my friend holdin my guiatr...(semi acoustic..my first attempt...)

Bristy likes this.
  6. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

What about pics of the guitar?

That would be pretty neat, cant see the one in the avtar with detail.

And so for a humbucker, isnt it just 2 coiled magnets (opposite polarity i guess) side by side or is it that you put 2 magnets together and coil them as one?

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

a humbucker will be complicated to build - tis abscially a double pick up type thign - basically u have 2 coils each slighty out of phase... the phase difference has to be wired in properl;y.. the phase diff causes a reduction in hum.. and hence tis called a humbucker - its not easy to build right....

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

nobody cares about the choice of wood??? :think:

9. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey some may care abt da wood but when u have less money in ur hands u have 2 4get dat!!!!!!!...hey havoc u r gr8.i m 16 too.i had decided 2 make an electric guitar also did the design job but scince my dad agreed 2 buy me a new one i didnt bther to bring my designs 2 reality!!!!hahaha...i will post my designs later when i go to my frnds place to scan it..

10. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

What about the scale length, intonation etc...?

Building a neck is probably the hardest part!

11. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

Hav0c_x: am sorry to say but this is not the way to make ur Guitar even a imple Bio one.
    i just made ma guitar the very first time.. and for god sake dun ever touch your guitar with a Plaaasss :shock:

heres ma Guitar check it our lemme know.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      22.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

looks too good to made by u ....... but if u did make it pretty tite job.......though u cant say mine doesnt work.. it may not be as pretty lookin as urs but i'm sure it works just as well

13. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

looks too good to made by u ....... but if u did make it pretty tite job.......though u cant say mine doesnt work.. it may not be as pretty lookin as urs but i'm sure it works just as well...
    and if u r scared to touch ur guitar with plaasss then well u aint got no experience....
    btw why did u use two pickups... and are u using a 2-notch switch or 5-notch..........

14. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

My My ... well bro that 12 and a Half Notch and yea these pickups are the upgraded ones use by slash at Medoval if u remember 6 combine pickupz are Under the guard :) and thats one of the Best part abt ma guitar .. and yea abt the plaas thing .. am not scared to touch my guitar with it .. its just i have too much Respect for ma guitar to treat it like this.

15. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

im sure this was just a fun project - so well - its nice to see ppl trying on their own to make guitars (pickups included)...

a suggestion to the next guy making his own guitar -

try and use a piezo-electric sound_>current converter rathen than a magnetic-flux-linkage pickup.....

its easier to build and ive heard that it can be manipulated for tone to a muhc greater degree -the line6 variax uses a piezo system....

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

so you gonna make a guitar out of plywood?? :p:

17. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

i dont think so dude.........anyways..i just wanna ask what the biiiigggg diffrence will it make if i wse plywood and a verry good pick up and a verrrry good amp???

18. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

So....you made a guitar with is identical to a Fender Jaguar, and it even says Fender on the headstock?

Did you cut and routed the body, built the neck, stuck the rosewood onto the maple and painted that beautiful sunburst?

Or did you buy the parts and put it together?

And addressing the original thread, i don't think what he said makes him a god. I know that too, and anyone with access to the internet can too. I call Leo Fender and Les Paul gods!

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

a very big difference dude........
    i believe there was a post here somewhere about the choice of wood etc....if wud dint make no difff....we wud just have planks of wood with the best Pups money cud buy.....and then all of us would spend more on amps....
    Why do you think a Gibson Les Paul Standard costs 5 times more than an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.......
    mainly coz GibLPS uses AAA book matched maple...where as EpiLPS uses god knows waht maple....

and moreover if wood wastn so imp why wud people bend their backs over heavy woods...just take some slight wood and make a guitar??

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@ BLEEDING.........IS IT LEFTY GUITAR:grin:???????