Make ur OWN ELECTRIC GUITAR from scratch (almost)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Hav0c_x, May 17, 2005.

1. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

My mom promised to buy me a an electric gitar if i were to get 10 or 11 A's in my o'levels.... but back then o'levels bohat duur ki baat thi. so i decided to make my own electric giatr with a minimal budget..... and heres what i did...

basic tools...

1. A Plass
    2. scissors or cutter.
    3. solderin iron and solder (for firm conncetions..)
    4. and well a little experience with electronics...

basic requirements...

1. once again a little expereince...
    2. a small bar magnet.. ( not very strong and approximately the width covered by the strings..)

3. a roll of insulated thin wire..the thinner the better...
    4. maple wood...for the body...( it might cost u so i used cheaper wood)
    5. the 6 strings...
    6. a bridge for holding the strings..(i used a peice of wood with six minute holes in it..but if u want quality u gotta spend more money then i did...

7. keys for holding the stringssss....
    8. jack socket....

procedure....

well the carving part i left to the carpenters .. i explained how to cut the wood and expect all u ppl to do the same... unless u have a personal workshop......
    have the body and neck cut from separate peices of wood..

make sure u have depressions carved into the body where ur MAGNETIC PICK will fit into...

making the magnetic pick...

now that u have a bar magnet.... (aprrox the 1.5 cm by 6 cm).....and the insulated wire u can begin... start winding the wire carefully onto the magnets height in such a way that the 1.5 by 6 cm side faves upwards.... wind carefully and neatly as this is essential for quality.....make sure u leave atleast 25 cm of unwound wire on both sides...u can stop winding when the thickness of the wound wire around the magnet is about 0.7 to 1 cm thick......

now u need a cover for ur pickup.....these can be easily found in the market....and are very cheap... find the one that can fit ur magnetic pick....

now fit the cap on ur magnetic pick and embed it in the depression in ur gitar body...(best if this depression is 3 cm from the bridge..and is 1 cm deep)..

now u have the pick with two open wires at its ends... scrub or burn away abt 1 cm of insulation from both ends....and connct the wires to the jack socket...( u'll need a depression for the socket aswell)

doing the menial work

connect the neck to the body using a couple of screws and super glue...( have the carpenter do it...)and also have the frets carbed into ur neck....)...

i'm not explaining the wood work simply coz i dint do it.. i used the neck of my old gitar and had the body carved out.....

i'm sure u can figure out how to connect the bridge to body and keys and strings and all so i'll let that go aswell......

the secret

now ur gitar is ready ..... but heres something u won'y find anywhere..... it's totally new and totally mine....... but well u can share the knowledge..(if it means getting 10000 points...hopefully..)

i'm sure that theres an audio cassette player in almost every home... and now that its almost obselete i'm sure no one really need s them.. so here what u do,...

take the audio player and remove its head... if ui dont know what a head is ask a technician....the head is connected to two wires.. now its ur turn....take two long wires and connect one two each of wires in the cassette player....now connect the two long wires tO a jack pin (ONE THAT FITS UR JACK SOCKET IN THE GITAR).....

there u have it now all u have to do it connect any speakers (be it computer speakers or any other) or to ur amplifier via the headphone pin ( where u connect ur head phones to the player) and then plug in the jack pin to the jack socket.. press the play button on ur cassete player .. turn on ur speakers and rock all u want......

courtesy .. HUMZa or better known as

Hav0c_x....

2. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

Dude...
    WHAT are you? Some Dexter or Jimmy Nuetron. I did hear about some old freak shouting about desperate times calling for desperate measures.. But this is lightyears away. You're a GENIUS. You do deserve those 10000 points but i've only got around a 780, they're all yours.

3. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

Holy ****!!!!!!!

4. DRBILLA

DRBILLA New Member

Great Paa G I Will Try Then 'll Tell Ya Abt Success

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@ HAVOC..........ur a genious

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@ HAVOC........ARE U FROM FENDER :dance: /GIBSON/IBANEZ??????? :nw:

SORRY.......... :think: ........U MUST BE IN NASA:grin: :shock:

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

my only question to you is " did it really worked ? "

8. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

I dont think so .... lol :)

Naa m8 great job I was j/k.

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Mannnnnnnnnn

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Dude,......... u r GODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

10. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

:cool: ;) :annoyed: :think: :rockon: :rock: :dance: HI Hi, HA HA, Ho ho,
    I think you are some tecnitian or so, but I am sure you are a genious.
    Please explain me where is the head of audio casset player and how to remove it.

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

what r u man....u make drums u make guitars................
    :)
    good one

12. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

MOM will scold me if i try doing it...LOLZ

13. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

how old r u havoc. Hey by my calculations it must NOT work. I have some experience in electronic stuff...anyway why go through all that why not buy an eltric guitar. The proper thing will be much better. Much much better. Still nice mind work which city do u live if in Lahore then i wanna meet u buddy cuase in my holidays i wanna make somethin really cool so maybe we can work together eh...what do ya say...? And u can even show me ur own created electric guitar...Hey havoc can u show us all the picture of ur guitar...?

14. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

Yeah and a few audio clips of its sound too?

15. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

im goin to try it dis weekend...if it wrks reps for ya dude.....

16. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

i'm 16 (17 this august) of course it works.......this method may seem unique bcoz u wont find it anywhere.. i just read how an electric guitar works and gave its mechanism a lil twist......the science behind this theory is simple..... most of us know that a change in the magnetic flux produces current rite.... the magent supplies magnet feild and the vibrating strings provide the CHANGE in the flux.....thus current is induced in the wires around the magnet and this current is amplified first by the preamp and then the main amp......and u hear the sound....

also abt buying a new guiatr... firstl its expensive .... 2ndly its the satisfaction u get from doing something like this......u can never get from buying it.... hope that answers alll....(live in khi)

Addy Pant likes this.
  17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmm what about humbucker ... howta make that ? ...

18. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Oh you're a GENIUS man. Could have never dreamt of doing all this myself. Never even opened my guitar till now!!!

19. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

thats a lil complicated..... it used two magnets and two coils.... in a descending polarity.....or ascending .....but the sounds more sharp and cleaner... havnt made one yet... but will soon....

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmm i thot that humbucker gives a fatter sound ...
    dunno but thats what i have observed ...