lWhere can i learn guitar from ?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Seher, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Seher

Seher New Member

Hi.. I m keen 2 learn Guitar.. can ne1 plz recomnd a nice plc frm whr I cn learn it or sm1 who cn teach me.. I reside in New Delhi.. I wud b really gr8ful.. Thanx..!!

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

guitar institutes in delhi i know>>

Y.M.C.A- nizamuddin and jai singh road(CP)
    Delhi School of mUsic-chanakya puri
    parikrama school of music-khelgaon

3. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Whatever I know today is because of the internet, a book which inspired me to buy a guitar :rock: and of-course IGT.

May be you need a teacher to guide you thru some advanced stuff much later ;) but believe me there is enough information out there (the internet) which you can use and play like a hobbyist.

Hope you are not planning a career in guitaring. If so, please ignore the above advice.

4. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

there is this institute in malviya nagar....south delhi school of music and dance...the teacher is really good...but he only teaches in groups....

5. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

best school of guitar in the world = Indianguitartabs.com :)

6. u can surf up the net for that purpose guitarnoise.com is a good site and maybe u will want a teacher it's something like u need a teacher at the starting and advanced levels u can manage the intermediate period on ur own. if u r in a school or college maybe the music department has a guitarist or u can contact any teacher there and maybe he maybe knowing of someone . otherwise internet can do the needful and we here at igt are here for u .

just browse through the lessons or put up a thread. and we will follow

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I started this as a hobby as well, never thought abt classes
    Now i would like get some help, but no good place in my city.

anyway i think you can learn afair bit of guitar from the internet and with good practice

8. sunish bajaj

sunish bajaj Banned

same prob

i too reside in new delhi but dont know where to look

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

thats a good pj

browse through some sites which offer vids n so on
    like cyberfret.com

10. achint1919

achint1919 New Member

Learn guitar in Delhi

If you are looking for beginners course, Try

https://www.schoolofsymphony.com

School of Symphony has 5 centers in Delhi and 1 in Gurgaon. The teachers there perhaps the best for beginners (especially for western guitar)

Although I would suggest Delhi School of Music for advanced courses.

11. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

Were do u reside in delhi?
    if is SJE dere is an institute in SJE called Musical dreams (not quite famous )bt still gud beginners!!!!!!!!!

12. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

lol.. i know u :grin:

13. Seher

Seher New Member

I have checked up the sites and have gone alot through IGT and it has proved very helpful.. Thank You so much all of you..!!

I took up 1 week workshop also at India Habitat Centre given By Deepak Castelino.. It was an amazing workshop learnt quite alot of things..!!

He takes classes at his school also thats THE SIGNATURE GUITAR SCHOOL at Alaknanda..!!