Lost my Data, need recovery software guys

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by faiqrock, Feb 14, 2007.

1. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

hey guys
    i hv just deleted my Documents (My picture folder, My recieved file folder) by mistake :'( there were some pictures n some mp3s...
    i tried Final data 2.0 but it'll take so much time to recover...so is there any other software u recommand so i can recover my data easily n faster..pls

thanks

Faiq

2. recoveryguru

recoveryguru New Member

Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS data recovery software a file and partition recovery software recovers deleted data from formated hard drive, accidently deleted data, software malfunction or virus attack.
    Download the demo version of the software from: https://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm
    Make your infected hard drive as slave and run the software on the master drive and start the scan process. The demo will show you the recoverd data. If you are statisfied with the result then get the full version to save.

Hope it will help you.

Best of Luck.

3. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

^ didn't worked =)

4. shak

shak Harrr!

.. how did you lose your data? did you do quick format or normal format? if you did quick format, you can recover upto 90% of the data (bigger files can go wrong because of fragmentation) ,, if you did complete format then i dont think you can get your data back.

for softwares, do a search on google, i havent used any personally so cant tell you which is the best .. but yeah, download.com and google.com are your best friends.
    goodluck

[edit] PM zoom as well .. my knowledge on this matter is all most non existent .. am only replying cuz no one else has bothered to.

5. kingobingo9

kingobingo9 New Member

Hi
    If youre running windows do a system restore to a date before the day your data crashed.
    Go to System option in control panel and do a restore...Hope it works

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^ yep that should work as well .. provided you have a backup for that date and you havent lost the data as a consequence of a new xp install.

7. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

@shak
    well the document folder was like this
    abc>abc>my documents
    so abc and my documents were same but there was one folder which wasn't. so i deleted the my document folder and after that i moved abc folder to another drive.
    n then i did a quick format bcz i formatted that drive before installing vista...so i just wanted to delete n reinstall the vista files...so thats why i did quick format.
    so i deleted my documents in my D: drive and the abc folder is in E: so i should check the D: drive yeah?
    n i dont know about system restore like how to restore the data :/ ..

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^ umm .. im confused now ..
    but yeah i think you should check D: .. and if you've already installed Vista in the same partition then there is a good chance that your deleted files have been over written and cant be recovered.

system restore: start>accessories> system tool> system restore ... then chose restore my pc to previous date etc. choose the date before you deleted your documents and click restore ..

9. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

yar where i had deleted the data , wahin per Vista ki hai :p:
    what u think can i recover that files?

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Forget ur Data............U can't recover it i am afraid.....

11. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

yeah sug i think i cant recover it =((

12. sumantmodak

sumantmodak Musically Yours !!!

just a quick note on Data Recovery !

see let me give you a quick walkthro of how data recovery works.

imagine your hard disk as a hotel where visitor(data) comes checks in. and when you delete the data the visitor(data) checks out. now here is the catch
    not going deeply in technical terms let me tell you that your hard disk have tow blocks one where file actually gets stored and one where its entry of where its stored is stored like a hotel register.

in the hotel register(hard disc data register) its written where the file actually is stored which block , cylinder etc.

Now, when you delete the file just the entry of the that file from the register goes off while the actual file always stays there as long as the space is not required for some other file.

now what happned in your case.
    oops so you installed vista. what happens when installing an operating system is that when you install it the drive where it gets installed gets fully formatted and not partially formatted which deletes the complete file system rebuilds it and formats it , which means that all the data entry registers as well as actual data gets deleted. however if you just quick format other drive you will get your data back most of the time.

Now here is what i recommend you to do ,
    mostly we store lots of thing in my document. now do one thing disable my doucment from windows and make one folder called "documents" in some other drive and create a shortcut on ur desktop of that folder and rename it to my documents and change the icon as well to give it the exact look. do the same with other folders as well. always remember that you should store most of your files other than the drive where your OS Is installed.

any other questions just ask me !!! :) thanks

13. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

: ) thnx for da info bro, so the bottom line is i cannot recover my data :p:
    nvm, thanks guys for help ... :rock:

14. subheet

subheet Member

As Sumant mentioned the data cannot be recovered if over written.. but still there are chances that u can recover the My Documents data.

Use RECOVER MY FILES or GETDATABACK which are definitely very good.
    U can also try ActiveUndelete, MultiStage recovery....loads of them available though.
    Be careful not to write data/run programs on the disk u need to recover the data from.
    You can try to connect the hard disk to some other computer & then retrieve the data.

-----
    Advising from my personal experience. I recovered about 90% of my data after HardDisk Crach => One complete format => one quick NTFS format => and then installing the Win XP OS.
    The file system initially was NTFS & I recovered the data from the main System partition C: including my documents folders....................

Maybe u can get lucky too

15. WildRose

WildRose New Member

You can recover the lost data if you use your harddisk as a slave HardDisk and run a datarecovery s/w like GETDATABACK.