looking to get a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by satch_attack, Dec 14, 2006.

1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey guys,

i am plannin on gettin an electric guitar ..nothin fancy ..it cud be a 2nd hand one too .. my budget is around 6-8k ..nothin more .. givsons are a total no no ..i am lookin for brands like tansen ...the seller shud preferably be from chennai ...

i have tried contactin ronnie abt tulsi n his range of customs ..but i havent got a reply ..only if i can get first hand info abt tulsi..can i go ahead with him ..if any of have a tulsi made custom ..do let me know abt them..

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

either tulsi....or a fender knock off....those strat copies are really good guitars....and i own a slammer strat copy and i prefer the comfort of the strat copy's neck to the Ibanez....go play a slammer or one of those Arias...heard they are good....if not i guess tulsi could make you one...but for 6k i donno what sort of wood + parts he will use

3. yazi

yazi Banned

Or Get a Squier California Series Fat Strat

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

For 8k I don't think Tulsi will give you anything.
    Maybe a single pickup config with standard bridge.

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

dude i got a guitar for one other guy from the swapthaswara musical(hope it spells like tat). fender squire cali strat for 8K so check it out the shop is in mylapore chennai. hope this helps. very nice guitar

6. yazi

yazi Banned

Ah, Kinsman at last!

7. rohit

rohit New Member

at 8k squire is good option.

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Exactly.....It has the best pick up in that price range...Go for it....It will cost you 8300 rupees (Price in Kolkata)......This guitar iz just awesome!

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Satch.....For 8K, even I feel Squier is the best choice. From my experience I can tell you something. Instead of buying tons of cheapo guitars, buy one kick ass one. Save up and buy a middle range guitar in the range of $600. Since you anyway own a guitar, get something good for your upgrade. Tulsi guitars are good but to make it really solid, you need to get good pickups, tuning keys, etc...No point in owning tons of crap gear...

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

upgradin a guitar is not a prob man..if the body and the neck are decent ..n dimensionally ..if the electric is good ..i aint botherd abt the pickups or the electronics or anythin like tht ..they all can be changed later on ..once i get the cash ..i will upgrade them one by one ...
    the fact tht cant be alterd are the necks n the bridges ...if the worksmanship is not good ..esp wit im bolt-on necks..its gonna be 8k down the drain ..n if the bridge aint gud ..n if it cant hold tunin ..then again..its junk..

let me put it this way ..will i get a decent lookin n decently made electric from tulsi for 8k..just a strat copy ...wit the handle like in im jems ..??.,..

11. yazi

yazi Banned

I am telling you man, Check a Squier top to bottom, its gonna blow you away.

12. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey satch the squire is a good option for u. get it and get the electronics changed later.I would say its will be a good investment. But Play the instrument before u decide. i think the shop has the fat strat(which i tried but didnt like em dont, the tone was hmm dodgy). Check it out.allthe best for it.

13. sid333

sid333 New Member

HI I'm from Australia I suggest you get an epiphone. They have been bought by gibson (not to be mistaken with Givson) but also make copies of them. An Epiphaone SG is very nice

14. yazi

yazi Banned

mate, you dont get one of those for 8k in India!

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

hmmmmm My Tulsi coming within 5 days ....Ill tell ya how it is !!