Looking for Tamil songs Bass lines, any advise?

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Guitarsen, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Looking for Bass guitar lines for songs like

1. Devanin Koyil Aruvadai Naal
    2. Vanithamani - Vikram
    3. Penmaane - Naan Sigappu Manidhan
    4. Megam kottattum - Enakkul Iruvan
    5. Ponmanai thedudhe - Oh Maane Maane
    6. Putham pudhu kaalai - Alaigal Oivadhillai
    7. Ponvaanam panneer thoovudhu - Indru née naalai naan
    8. Vaanmeedhile - Raagangal Maaruvadhillai
    9. Solai Poovil - Vellai Roja
    10. Paatinge - Poo vizhi vaasalile.

2. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

I am sorry bro couldnt help you... but from the list u have requested for... u have a great sense of music... all are my fav too...

3. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

Yes. Nice bass lines in all these songs.

4. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Pearl, Good to know that your fav also same as mine and roentgen endorsed those songs. I have been this site for long time as lurker. I normally get the chords from roentgen's postings from this site and Kishmu's from IKF. There are plenty of YouTube videos for western bass covers but none for Indian/Tamil songs. I don't know why? Is bass still considered "not my cup of tea" among the fellow guitarist/hubbers?

5. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

In a way it is "not my cup of tea" attitude. Frankly speaking, due to time constraints people stay within rhythm guitar including me. I know very well that a bassist play an anchor role in a band - Keeping link between chords (harmony) & rhythm. Now that you have put this straight question, I would like to try this. I have not seen any bass only videos so far.

The songs you have listed are gems. Let us see whether we get any postings in this regard............ Sathya

6. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Thanks Sathya,

"Evvalavo pannittom, idha panna maattoma?"

7. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

One method we can try. If you know the major chord of the song, you can try the pentatonic notes of the base chord in the bass guitar. This will almost work out. You may go up to two octaves and then repeat. Its only my guess and little understanding about the whole thing. Please do try and let us see how it works out....... Sathya

8. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Sathya,

It didn't work for this kind of songs, most of the IR song's bass lines are like it's own independent composition. There are several examples like that 1.Ethi vacha neruppinile from Aalapirandhavan, 2. Maanang Karukkudhu from Nee dhana andha kuyil. Probably not many people aware of this songs. Try listen to the bass lines, if you are able to find it. I have tried asking some local bassists, I got answers like "Interesting" or "Complex" .

9. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

May be different for few songs. But I wonder as to how bass can be different from the chord / scale of the song? How it would be possible for the singer / other musicians to coordinate / play the song / music ? - Really interesting reply from bassist. I need to ask someone about this - Give me some time and l will let you know....... Sathya

10. Guitarsen

Guitarsen New Member

Sathya, Clarification, Bass lines are based on the chords and scale only. It's not just playing Triad/arpeggio/pentatonic notes. He is mixing the melody of the tune with bass lines, that's why they say "interesting" and "Complex".

11. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

That is why, he is "Isai Gnani" and we are "Gnana Sunyam". Anyhow, it is interesting to observe these variations / imaginations. Let me talk with few people before I reply further in this regard........ Sathya

12. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I had a chat with my friend yesterday. He says some people play like this. May be with both hands - I am unable to visualise. It is possible in Key Board - One hand playing the notes and other hand playing the tune. May be two bass guitars were used each one playing separate requirements. This much so far.............. Sathya

13. thamboo

thamboo Member

if you guys have watched Sungha Jung playing both melody and harmony with such efficiency; this isn't a wonder for an expert player; Blues players play both major and minor scales in the same progression; chromatic scale is used whenever needed(irrespective of song key)

14. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Yes. This is what my friend also told me. I intend to meet a 'Bass Player' and ask this question.......... Sathya