Looking for New/Used Guitars in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Soulforged, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Soulforged

Soulforged New Member

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a new/second-hand electric guitar. The budget is Rs.15000 at max. I am new to Bangalore, so can someone please tell me where I can check out some good guitars...both new and used?

Also, I play mostly classic rock stuff and prefer the strat's clean tone, can you suggest some guitars which fall in my budget?

:rockon:
    Soulforged

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    There aren't many places in Bangalore for guitars. Anyways you can check out Reynolds Inc. at the Brigade Road / Richmond Road junction, Aruna Musicals in Basavanagudi, Rhythm Musicals is Residency Road (very close to Brigade Road). There aren't any specific 2nd hand guitar dealers.

3. Soulforged

Soulforged New Member

Hey thanx...Will check the places out...

I have heard of Reynolds...its a famous joint...but I have also heard that they are unecessarily expensive...true?

I have been out of the Indian guitar scene for a while. What kinda guitar can I hope to get with my budget? I wouldn't mind picking up a Squier or a Samick. How are the Indian makes? heard a lot about Tansen.

:rockon:
    Soulforged

4. ronnieanand

Hi,
    You can check out Comet, Samick, GB&a which would cost you less than 10K and are Korean make gutiars. I personally use a GB&a and it rocks. It'd cost you around 8K. Tansen is pretty decent and the price ranges from 7K to 18K. Pretty decent ones but the quality is not consistent across various batches. You can also get low end Squier, Epiphone, Yamaha, Ibanez, Kramer in your budget.
    Reynolds is slightly expensive but the quality is assured. At least he doesn't rip you off like Aruna musicals.

5. ronnieanand

Another option is to check out custom made guitars from Tulasi Musicals, Chennai. You can check out the thread Custom Guitars to see other's opinions and experiences on Tulasi custom guitars.

6. Soulforged

Soulforged New Member

Hey,

So I finally bought an Ibanez G10. That with a Cube 20 cost me 14.5 K...good buy?

I liked the tone and the feel of the guitar. I wanna know if any of you own or have owned one? How is it in terms of reliablility? Have you faced any issues with it or do you have some advice on maintenance?

Thanx!

7. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

I have played a G10 here im Mumbai it was around 10 K I liked it ...
    Well u should have bought Marshall MG 15 it would have costed little more but its far better than Cube 40 .. Adtion u would have got in bulit Distrotion & reverb too
    Ninad

8. schuarri

schuarri New Member

Hi

I am a beginner and I want to buy an electric guitar my budget is Rs. 15000. Which electric guitax is suitable for beginners. Can you kindly help in this regard?

Regards
    schuarri

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ See the link in my signature if you're interested and in Bangalore. Great guitar, really low price.

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^ LOL :grin:

11. thehundredthone

^ Euronymous is dead. :aggre:

:p:
    No harm in a bit of advertising. You tell me that the product is not good.

12. yazi

yazi Banned

^^^The product is not good.

13. thehundredthone

Your opinion doesn't count :annoyed:

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

mine?.....

15. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

And why not???If its there on a forum...then every one can shit on any advertising kinda stuff..

After all i remember..it was someone 's siggy over here...I forgot whose??
    "Opinions are like a$$holes...every one has one":p:

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ive seen ppl with 2

17. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

:shock: a$$holes or opinions???

18. thehundredthone

^ I'm guessing you didn't understand yazi's jab.

Either that, or yazi has something against Tulsi or me. :boxed:

19. thehundredthone

Reminds me of an old joke :RollLol:

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^^ 2 a$$holes...one on their face and one on their a$$