looking for an amp in delhi --pls help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by stoned_survival, Mar 19, 2005.

1. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

hi guys -this is my first post in here ---i just bought a new ibanez rg270 and a zoom606 and now im looking out for an amp in delhi --i want something about 30-50 wattsamp --could u guys help me out --and tell me the cost of whateva u guys suggest (coz i checked out marshall amps --they were exorbitant --- ;) )---so pls help me out guys

2. stoned_survival

hey guys help me out pls ---send in yer replies soon pls ----
    do u guys think that i can use my computer for an amp ----
    ive heard one can do that all u need is a jack 1/4" --> 1/8" i.e to plug ur guitar onto ur comp ??

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey fellow stoner ;) welcome to IGT
    K..i live in delhi..last time i checked at Bharat Music, Panchkuian Road Marshalls were for about 3500. (They are the crappiest of all marshalls but way better than any other Indian alternative). Then we have the omnipresent Stranger Amps for about 2500..they are crappy..their distortion is ****ty...man i know it cuz I own it. I too had to choose between a Marshall and a Stranger..made one of the many worst decisions of my life.
    And with the comp..thatll be crappy..ull be wasting ur Ibanez
    ..So save up and buy that marshal!!! :rockon:

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i have heard stranger 80w is good. disturbed of IGT uses dat one, i have heard it, it sounds good. Also try marshall 20 or 30w, they will be good one.

if you want the best, marshall is the one.

@stoned....how much u got ur ibanez for? wats the make? frm where did u get it?

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

As far as i know, there is no RG 270, wat you got might be GRG270.

6. stoned_survival

hey hi guys u guys helped out a lot ---i was thinkin of goin and pickin up a stranger 40 w cube tomorrow ---u guys saved my ass by advisin me agnst it ---i think ill go for a smaller ---say 20 watt amp ---but will go for a marshall what do u guys think ---rt decission?

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

a marshalls better than a stranger any day dude!

8. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

well try out the Marshall 15 watt CDR - other choices 15 watt DFX & Plain 15 watt CD
    Basic diff in all models
    15 CD only distrotion Over drive
    15 CDR Over drive + reverb
    15 DFX - All Effects ( without foot control )

Try looking in Draya Gung I belaive there is Peavy dealer there ... Dont remeber the the name since it s been more than a year I have not visited Delhi..
    Incase u r short on money want to Stranger try NS 30 thats best I have palyed on so far...

9. stoned_survival

thanx gutys u helpin me out big time ----btw u need a monoconverter i.e a mic to speaker converter for connecting ur guitar to the computer ---and guys blieve me it sounds totall F***ed up ----realllllllly bad
    ithink ill go in for a marshall 15 watt amp---thanx ninad77

10. stoned_survival

hi guys ---could u pls tell me the prices for marshall 10 and 15 watt amps*(vrious models )---i gotta buy the amp asap ---and i just got 3500 bucks -i.e obviously rupees

and if u guys think that some othr amp would do a nice job for an intermediate guitarist like me (like peavey or stranger)---pls temme their model nos and cost ---hell loadzaa thanx to u gus ----

but lemme tell u i played my ibanez on a frnds ampp -----ibanez ROCKSSSSS ;)

11. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Marshall 15 watts CD - 4200 /-

12. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@fr: it depends: the 2003 line had a rg 270 - im not sure if they continued to manufacture it - ut i think theyre discontinued - the 370dx was just too much better - the 270 didnt sell much - ut i agree with u - it must be a grg - thats wats available in india

edit:
    stranger 40w - 5.6k, custom sound 60w - 5.8k ( i think)

go for roland or marshall

roland 15w cube (with in built 4 distortion/overdrive/metal stack/ and emtal distortion) - abt. 5k

dont get a marshall m series - try and get a proper one if ur getting a marshll

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

how much does a 10w/15w tube marshall cost?

14. stoned_survival

guys i havent been able to decide on an amp as yet ----im doin with headphones ---coz as of rt now ---im only using my guitar for practices
    anyways thanx for the suggestions man ----