Looking for an all-round electric

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jetru, Jun 14, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Quite honestly speaking IMO there is no such guitar... but you can get close with a H-S-S configration and of course t he corect pickups for such a configration...

2. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Personally I feel that most electric guitars are all round guitars. Whether they sound good for a playin particular type of music or not depends a lot on the person playin it & his/her ability to tweak their setup to get the sound they want.

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Ahem... Isnt everything about guitars and music albout FEEL?

FEEL is the most important aspect of music!! and it varies from person to person.... For example(dont take this the wrong way), you like nirvana... I dont. You called the few notes kurt plays between verses... solos ... I call em something less flatterin... lets not get into that. You get my point rite?

4. jetru

jetru New Member

I'm almost an IITian. A BITSian... :S

5. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

I've got both a Fender USA Stratocaster and a Gibson USA Firebird and they both rock with distortion on. They sound different but neither sucks. And this is going through a Fender amp, on my cousin's Marshall amp they both sound different, but then again they don't suck.

Now if your saying that you don't like the sound that's one thing, but to say that anything Fender sucks, or anything Gibson sucks, then your in fact a grade A bufoon who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this site.

Furthermore I've used a '74 Fender Mustang through Valve amps and with distortion, man that sounds awesome!

As for the poster who made the original request for information read the Guitar Buying Guide that is stickied in the Beginners Q&A Section.

jocelyn likes this.
  6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

YEah Boy Thats the way to go... reps coming your way....

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey Rabs!

Rabi dude, either you need to learn more about sarcasm, or you need to get a life.

Besides, all the matters pertaining to tone are largely subjective. If I find a particular tone annoying and you dont, you can never convince me otherwise.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

All Guitars with all possible setups sounds like crap :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: A Cheapo Rs.2000 worth Casio Keyboard sounds way better than a PRS through a Mesa Boogie...