looking for a guitar in kolkata....advice needed

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by recusant_lover, Dec 5, 2006.

1. recusant_lover

recusant_lover New Member

am looking for ac accoustic guitar ....within 5k......can u guys suggest a few brands....or maybe some shops ?? i was looking at braganza and reynolds...pls advice !!:help:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

2 nice guitars I found in the 4k range....

One was in reynolds. A black coloured J&D guitar for rs. 3800. Nice but I snapped a string and the dude got pissed so I didn't mess with it anymore.

Another was at signature. Ask for the one with no ply. It was really nice but the price was too much....around rs. 4000.

Also check out the lower range stuff in some respected asian/international brands. Granada is decent. Also look at GB&A.

Another I found at Kolkata music centre was Larry & Carlton but don't go by the name. It is expensive and sucky.

3. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Check out... the shops just beside lal Bazaar..
    U ll get many shops over there.. Rate is reasonable..

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^The shop he is referring to is called BCM.....Yes, it's a good shop (I buy my stuffs from here..) ...5K budget iz enuff to buy an acoustic in Kolkata....Go at BCM, search for SIgnature Topaz black.....It will cost you only 2200 Rupees but it's a gr8 one! If you want to go for better guitars, go gor Yamaha (Not Yemaha :p:)....But my suggestion ud b Signature coz I hav it and it's one of the best I hav played (considering that I hav played Yamaha and original Ovation also :p:)

5. recusant_lover

how much does this ovation cost ?? i have heard about the J n D guitar...heard its good....i wanted a fibre body till i realised it was frightfully expensive....so now looking for something having a good crisp sound...and which is also not heavy....where is this signature shop ????

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Signature is in Kalighat. Right opposite the tram depot on the 1st floor.

7. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

I saw one at BCM costing Rs.12000/-. Try out a Pluto semi-acoustic. It's an AMAZING guitar.

8. s_basu9

s_basu9 New Member

within 5k u'll get a good acoustic guiter, it'll come with peak up, tone & volume control knob. it's right choice 2 go for a signature guiter & it's at Kalighat as some one already give u the address. But i think if u want 2 spend 5k u can look for gibson guiter also.
    i've a friend who worked in signature, Kalighat. so if u wish and give me ur specification i can ask him abt that.
    Subha

9. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

GIBSON FOR 5000????!!!! AAMI KINBO!!

10. recusant_lover

thnx guys !!

thanks a lot for the info guys......i was initially looking for a fibre body guitar...till someone told me dat da cheapest would be around 10k.....so now am looking for one with a good sound....coz i`ll be needing to sing along....rhythm so maybe a jumbo....i have a round hole jumbo at da moment....off late i was hearing a lot about the J n D brothers .....anyone knows how it looks ?? and hows da sound ?

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Original Ovation starts from 18K (Depends on the shop)...

12. recusant_lover

decision taken !!!

guys after a lot of research and thinking ..i`ve finally decided upon pluto....semi accoustic...da sound is really good..also tried yamaha 210 [310 was out of stock]..coz i had heard dat its gr8....honestly wasnt impressed.....pluto has launched a fibre body .semi accoustic..its kinda replica of da ovation.....its good i must say.....cool looks.....scattered holes....its something around 10k.....den da original ovation was also dere.....15k...:shock: ....round hole...however reynolds didnt impress me at all....so i went back to good old tony...braganza rocks man !! :rock: