longhorn anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by shak, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

ok guys ....longhorn will be vastly different from Xp atleast in the visuals we see. i can guarantee that. the BETA's flowing around do not have the updated graphics interface because of the following reason :

LONGHORN's GUI will be 100% renedered by a separate GPU ie ... your machine will REQUIRE ( as in minimum system requirement) a separate graphics card ( some people call them 3D accelerator cards) . the core CPU will not be used to render the GUI becuz it uses up a lot of the cpu time n memory ...

Longhorn will atleast have 3d windows that you can flip like pages and also stack in 3d (so you can see windows stacked behind each other in one side view) make tranclucent so you can look past them ... it will offer multiple HDTV lines support and the claim is that since the cpu will have no responsibility of rendering ... there will be ZERO lag in programs and other services when massive changes take place in the GUI .. ie the frequent phenomenom of the movie dropping a couple of frames when CPU really works or the moem kicks in ... will be history.

also longhorn will ship with a new file management system ... its not a file system ... but mounted onto the file system to make searhcing ultra quick.
    there is also talk of support for only signed 3rd party drivers ...

they may even implement micrsofts NGSCB security measures where the OS itself will work on two separate secutiry levels and the private level services and applications will have their own memory and no direct contact with outside processes ...

thats what i've been privy too till now frm various sources .. but lets see how thingapan out ..

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

God!!! What am I going to with my P4 1.8 GHz and 256 mb sdram. (Too ashamed to talk about my TNT2 M64 3D card) :eek::

3. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

ha ha don't worry dude the prices of all the items r falling fast so u'll be able to upgrade in due course, just wait for the right moment. n start saving!!!

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Won't longhorn run on 756MGHZ?? PIII?..320 SD RAM??

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I realy doubt it, even xp maimum performance on that machine. Its time to upgrade NIK!

6. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr but its really heavy for the the systems, alteast for my PC...

7. shak

shak Harrr!

longhorn will be released in 2006 under the product name of microsoft windows vista.... !!!???? ... what the ....

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

Well I think that the time has came to upgrade my PC.....