longhorn anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by shak, Mar 4, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

just wondering have anyone of you tried the beta relases of longhorn yet? ... my friend happens to be a microsoft developer and he was sent the longhorn beta cd's, and obviously i dropped around his place for a test drive ...
    ummm ...i like the sidebar (or whatever they call that thing) ...pretty useful ... but couldnt see much difference between the xp pro and longhorn ... but ma friend assures me that longhorn is technically very advanced and would be a breakthru in OS's .... does anyone of you know why is that?

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I recommend you go to https://www.winsupersite.com and read the Road To Longhorn articles. They will explain about Microsoft's next-generation operating system better than I ever can.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

wow! that ^ link is goood! .. thnx dmf ... btw have ya tried longhorn yet?

4. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

heard about Longhorn i heard it's amazing. good thread Sharukh.

bob-bobby likes this.
  5. death_metal_fan

I will never install a beta OS.

bob-bobby likes this.
  6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i ve been waiting for it to replace windows xp , seems to be cool ...

nice one sharukh ...

7. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I've heard that ....the bugs r already out for longhorn....lol.....:)

bob-bobby likes this.
  8. bob-bobby

is it so , umm - would be really interestin to know more abt it ....

9. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah ... bugs will be there ...because you see...longhorn is in beta stages... and beta versions are meant to be scrutanized and exploited for bugs ...the more bugs you find the better it is for microsoft .. becuase this will point out the flaws in the betaOS which will be rectified in the final version ...so the end product will be much more stable and secure... clever!

10. bob-bobby

sure , they ve always been clever ...

when is the launch ,..

11. shak

shak Harrr!

2006 ... as i have been told ... but microsoft will put it off ... my opinion

bob-bobby likes this.
  12. bob-bobby

thanks sharukh for the update ..

i am quite happy workin on xp , wouldnt really mind to chage over to a better o/s ...

13. nadish

nadish Active Member

No. But I've heard that its quite heavy 4 the PC's like mine.(733MHz). Thats y I didn't try that

bob-bobby likes this.
  14. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah it must be i don't know .. . even XP hangs my comp at home which is the same as yours ..

bob-bobby likes this.
  15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

whats amazin about longhorn is that they are going to replace the internet explorer integration that ALL present version of windows have. that wud be cool.

bob-bobby likes this.
  16. death_metal_fan

Where did you read that? I'm 99.99% sure that what you're saying is not true.

17. sayanakaharry

ever heard of PC Plus? It's one of the best computer magazines of the world. that is my source. and it also said that longhorn will do away with the explorer.exe engine that is native to all previous windows versions.

18. death_metal_fan

That makes absolutely no sense. Explorer and Internet Explorer are both integral to the functionality of Windows. They would not have put so much effort and development of so many operating system versions to make integration of Internet Explorer and Explorer.exe if they just intended to get rid of it in the future. Trust me they're not going anywhere.

19. sayanakaharry

okay but half of the major problems windows has stems from these two components. think about that. longhorn will have no explorer engine, and the browser integration will be flexible, that is, any browser that the user wants.

20. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

well anyway my horn is not that long!oh s**t guess what i don't even have a horn for it ot be long.....just kidding...infact i agree with harry only abt his/her last point.