long distance love

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by tumhare_divya, Jul 8, 2005.

1. tumhare_divya

tumhare_divya luvs 2 luv...lives 2 luv

anyone here have a best friend/ boyfriend/girlfriend that lives far far away?... :think: in what ways do you cope with being away from them? :drunk: :music: :boxed: :rock: :confused: ... ...?

2. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

i do have one back in India. the sad thing is i have no contact with him in this one whole year. still i remember him. yesterday i dreamt about him. kinda creepy still fascinating in some ways.

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

long dist relationships suck ...

better to move ahead in life ...

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

very difficult to lead such a relationship

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

doesn't work. personal experience.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

does work.........

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

it can surely work , only when is very strong determination and love !!!

there are many hassles in long distance realtionship but for surely it is workable , i ve never been commited with anyone during my stay of 6 yrs outside india , but can surely share my brothers experience with you guys ..

my brother was with his girlfriends from last 8 yrs , he left india about 4 yrs back to work in st martin's in west indies , he didnt liked the place so i called him to nigeria and he is very happy working here !!!

these 4 yrs he was away with his g/f but still mantained contacts , he got married with the same girl last yr november and they both are happily living after that :)

so u c , its workable - i would nt deny that . tho it really depends upon case to case and individual to individual , how you tacle it , how much you both are really involved with each other and how you mantain your contacts and your involvement really matters ...

in other cases its always out of sight is out of mind !!!

8. Punnu

Punnu New Member

Agree with u BoB

I hv a GF who stays in Pune.....whereas i stay in Bangalore.....get to meet her once in like 4-5 months....its the feeling i get when i meet her after such a long time which only binds us more stronger.

P.S:-Tho its a bit more expensive...phone calls n webcam chatiing.....major lols!! ;)

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hmm,.. I believe its pretty difficult to maintain such relationships!!
    Though every thing can be worked out, best way to keep up with long distance is have nother one there for u,... i mean short distance :p: hehe

so,.. to maintain long distance have a short distance along side. It will help,.. hmm!!

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

all i wanted to say abt this..is already said :)
    well worded by bobby...that the important ingredient would be love and determination....

but if its a crush or infatuation then forget it!! rather i have even heard and seen my friends in such circumstances..their boyfies used to go abroad or elsewhere then after sometime the rship started to fade despite of very strong bonding while they were together...so ambiguous is this long distance luv :think:

tahda!!

11. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Long distances ..... you are away.. your heart is away.. then how can the relation continue??.. I dont know.. Seriously.. Don't ever go for such things.. you'll be at a loss...when it turns out to be futile.:eek::

12. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@nik if your heart is big and strong it can take such relationship

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey dlogic ...
    nik said it is futile ... prove otherwise ...

14. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

thats what i meant .........at some point of time you ppl have to come together and settle down
    long distance rel cant go forever.

15. jijo

jijo New Member

I have been travelling heavy in India , and world around.............well i Know my wife since we were in school, Earlier it was constant letters and pocket money saving and calling those very costly calls then, now apart from the on ephone that i make every day to india,i am better conected, so its live Audio/Video thru the net. I carry my Laptop/cam/mic etc and make sure that the Hotel i put up at has a very fast 24 hr internet connection and not a regular dial up one. I keep my Web and Cam on most of the times and am visible....ridiculous but true...we tend to miss each other a little less that way.hic!!!

Amongst all this the want to be together is still so strong that when we meet its like the first time that we had met after I proposed to her!!!!!!!!!!Felt your heart beat with strong THUDS!!!!!!!!! LOL......................Amazing experience!!!!!!!

16. jijo

jijo New Member

And Dlogic
    Long Distance Can Go On And On And On ......................you Have Got To Have Love For The Person And The Ability To Wait
    Can Say That With Experience.................and Knowledge

17. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@jijo if you check my ealier post thats what i have said...but the exception is that one cant stay away forever(atleast i cant) as it turn into a "pen pal" relationship.

btw...your love ROX!!!!!!!!

18. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

so i say
    it 'can' work

btw where's divya who started the thread??

19. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i think she travelled to meet her love , could nt stay away for long !!!

20. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

lolz ......might be