Local Music Festival...Help wanted in song selection

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Harsh Kumar, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

The subject makes it pretty clear. Theres a western music fest in September but practise has to start from 1st may itself. i am having problems selecting songs.

I am more like 'Stairways to Heaven' type and my other guitarist is like a rocking machine.

The Picture is

I am a good guitarist (meaning i can play songs like Staiways to heaven, Behind blue eyes to some nickelback things)

I have an excellent drummer.

I have a great bassist.

I have a wahburn n2 and zoom 707IIg and a Tanseen electric.

Suggest songs which can win competitions.
    Genres from soft pop to hard rock.

PS i do have singers but they have a very much india accent so dont suggest any rap stuff or something like 'Back in Black - AC/DC ' which is hard too sing.

The song has to be selected fast so plz if u could hurry.

2. Harsh Kumar

i also have a good bass guitar but no bass processor

3. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS in the soft world.....anyday u can count on it provided the guy sings well...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My Guitar lies Bleeding in my arms - Bon Jovi. One of his best composition.

5. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

hey - why dont u use ur sense of humor to find sumthin??? hmmph...:RollLol:
    *stiffles a giggle*

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

try any modern rock bands which are catchy but at the same time not too overplayed..
    dont play nothing else matters etc....they have been done to death

try bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ramones, Nirvana, Staind, Queens of the stone age, Blur etc

7. Harsh Kumar

I dont know wat that means and BTW i am pretty serious abt this competition DPS Digboi, DPS shillong is also participating and they have perhaps some of the best upcomming artists from india.

I know this coz i have a friend from Nagaland and he rocks like hell.

Soooooo back to the topic:
    The suggestions are valuable but i am not satisfied.
    I was thinking for something like 'From The Inside---Linkin Park, American Idiot--Green Day, Hotel california etc..

Keep suggesting

8. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

Yo Stinkin Fart Fan - wheres ur fanny to impress all of em girls/// :RollLol:
    *duznt stiffle a laff this time*
    P.s.: wait till he see's his other thread - thats when the beginings of you-know-what hits the fan. :RollLol:

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@fat_kax
    plz stick to the topic!!

@harsh
    did u tell how many songs u guys have to perform?
    i agree with wizard..choose those songs which havent been performed much often..not necessarily but keep some fresh ones queued up too!

apart from rock include 1 nu-metal song as well like play linkin park or limp bizkit

then u can choose any songs of deep purple/led zep/aerosmith/van halen/def lep....i think u can even try beatles/doors/oasis/pearl jam/pink floyd

plz dont choose metallica or Gnr!!...dont forget classic rock bands i mentioned!...do atleast one classic rock song too!

10. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Try Dredg. Thier songs: Of the room, Triangle and Same ol' road work out well in a live situation.

If none of those work out, go cracy and play the creator has a masterpiece from porcupine tree.

Only, your singer would have a challenge to sound good.

Yes, its me refined to the mainstream version. :|

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

MEGADETH.btw....wer is this competiton as i am in dps rk puram and we hav our fireball rock fest in dec

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Do some Doors. 'nuff said

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^Yeah, hahaha, and Harsh can strut around in leather pants like Morrison and pee on the crowd.
    The Doors were awesome though, i really like Kriegers psychaedelic style. (I presume you mustve seen the movie).

Anyways, id suggest you play Smoke on the Water (chuck the solo). Warna Rage songs are easy.

14. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

i wud suggest Angel by Judas priest or Breaking the law by the same band but both these songs hv no solos.painkiller is also an awesum track by Judas priest!

15. manitrim

manitrim New Member

Greenday -- Boulevard of broken dreams n American Idot (If ur drummer can play the fill in part in the song)

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol...even I can play that

17. Harsh Kumar

well my drummer rocks and the 'dps rkp guy' where is ur fireball fest.
    our fest is in sep in agra. pm me somethings about your school band and the equipment ur school provides u.

OK the suggestions are good. i have to play 4 songs to make it clear. can u suggest a sequence of songs which are not very similar and yet are famous and catchy. dont worry abt the guitarring part or the drumming part. u may worry a bit abt the singing part.

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

what are the 4 songs u've selected?

19. sumit_kumar

sumit_kumar New Member