"Little Wing" live at PESIT

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, May 28, 2007.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok here's a video of me playing Little Wing stevie ray vaughan style at the PESIT rock competition sometime back. We did'nt win but what can you expect from a band thats practiced for an hour before hitting the stage at their first gig together as a band. This is not my actual band....just a temporary thing cause my rhythm section was outta town for the holidays.

There are some mistakes in the song when i get overexcited or losing concentration plus i was'nt able to setup my sound becoz of time restrictions. Anyway i'll stop talking now just take a look at the vid and let me know what you guys think..

The vids over at minglebox so i think you might have to register to see it...
    let me know if you can access it or not...and you lazy people please just register. I'll give a login for people who're too lazy to register later..

Little wing

2. sridhar11_2

apparently passwords not needed so ignore this post.

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I love Little Wing, SRV style so I just had to see this. Well, I liked it a lot, and being pretty much a total guitar newb, I don't have much else to say :eek::

And there's no need to register to view the video..

4. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

Those unwounded strings are very dangerous. cut them off for your eyes. heard it happening when they poked just into eye balls when you bending to lift the guitar or working too close to frets.

About the performance: Amazing!!

5. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

6. sridhar11_2

Thanks..people have been telling me that for years but i supose i'm just lazy. I actually keep it like that cause its easier to transplant strings between guitars incase they break.

@CrYpTiC_angel..thanks i'm glad you liked the song.

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Wow man..it takes balls to attempt this song on stage..niiice. With a tighter band and a bit more feel, it would totally kill...don't get me wrong, its pretty awesome as is:beer: I'm looking forward to a version with your full band.

8. sridhar11_2

Thanks man...i think i'm not going to be playing this song again live anytime soon. Just cause i have'nt figured the song out yet. this one i learnt the intro and first verse from the SRV version but i improvised everything after that. I'm gonna work on getting my own version down the way i want it. Maybe in a couple of years if i'm lucky...

9. geniusoid

ok saw it....u axe looks nice....but i hate the tone ur guitar is making...not a bad effort but the song sounds empty....need to be filled up a bit more...like some blokes above said, if u probably got a full band setup right, maybe it`ll sound aces higher.....u might wanna exchange some notes with the G3 version of the same song....love tht one.

Keep workin dude....u`ve got it in u....

10. sridhar11_2

I like the G3 version too but i still prefer the 3 piece band thing like SRV. By getting more than 1 guitar in there it gets more inclined towards rock like the G3 version than blues. I'll stick to blues...

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

G3 version of Little Wing is nowhere like Jimi Hendrix.

Hail Hendrix.

Sridhar, I am having bandwidth prob with my internet, hence no media links for few days.

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Nice!! A few mistakes here and there, but a good job on the whole. :)

BTW, when was this?

13. sridhar11_2

Take your time man...let me know your comments later...i'll be waiting.

@DC...thanks...this was on the 12th

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Whatever you do, please do NOT play it like the G3 version:annoyed:

15. geniusoid

Why? Why? I think its brillianto....except for tht jackass who shredder in the middle and spoilt the song...

Edit: Jackass = Yngwie

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yah..thats the major reason..Yngwie. Other than that, I am just about OK with Satch's and Vai's parts..but the SRV/Hendrix version appeals to me more anyday. This song should not be reduced to a shredfest.

17. sridhar11_2

To me SRV's version is hand down THE BEST...even the G3 guys borrowed the structure of the song a bit from SRV's...some licks too.

The first time i saw G3 version i was amazed but then i stumbled accross SRV's version i wondered how a 3 piece band could sound soo much better than a set with 3 of the current greatest players an awesome rhythm section...

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Mind blowing............It takes a lot of guts to even think of covering this one.........

19. sridhar11_2

Crap saw your post just today. Thanks a lot man:) ...

I was thinking of playing this at the next sunday jam where i'm playing with my band "Zap" but i've decided against it...i'm gonna sit and work out the whole song on my own before i take it live again. I've gotta learn to bend strings now.

By the way where's this Guru Nanak bhavan exactly and is it a good venue for live bands??