List Of Electric Guitars for Beginners

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkkyrich, Dec 8, 2009.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Hello guys

Its a very common question here at IGT. Which Electric Guitar to buy? So i have prepared a list of some Electric guitars according to their price ranges. Kindly add to the list if i've missed it out here. The price list is ranging from 5k-25k as most people have their budget within this range only. So here's the list:

Rs.5000-10000
    Cort-X1
    Fender Squier california series- strat and telecaster
    Fender Squier bullet

Rs.10000-15000
    Cort X5
    Cort X2
    Cort X6 SM
    Cort Zenox
    Fender Squier Affinity Series Telecaster & Strat
    Greg Bennett Avion AV1
    Ibanez GRG-170DX
    Ibanez GRG-270
    Squier Affinity Series Fat Strat
    Washburn X11
    Yamaha Pacifica 012
    Yamaha Pacifica 112

Rs.15000-20000
    Cort EVL-K2 EVL Series
    Cort EVL-Z2 Les Paul
    Cort X6-SA
    ESP LTD EC-50
    ESP LTD VIPER 50
    ESP LTD EX50
    Greg Bennett Torino SG -TR3
    Greg Bennett Avion AV3
    Ibanez GRG220DEX
    Ibanez SA260FM
    Jackson JS35KE Kelly Marty Friedman Signature series
    Jackson JS35KV
    Jackson JS35RR
    Jackson JS35WR
    Schecter Omen 6

Rs.20000-25000
    Cort EVL Series EVL-K4
    Cort EVL Series EVL-X11
    Cort EVL Series EVL-X4
    Cort EVL Series EVL-Z4 Les Paul
    Cort VX Series VX-2V Flying V Electric Guitar
    Cort VX-2X Explorer Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo
    Cort Zenox Series Z44
    ESP LTD EC-100
    ESP LTD EC-200QM
    Greg Bennett Avion AV-6 Les Paul
    ESP LTD M-100FM
    Ibanez RG-350DX
    Ibanez RG-370DX
    Ibanez RGR-321EX
    Schecter Omen

2. guitar_seller

guitar_seller New Member

hello everybody

I came across this site recently and found it amazin.. I am not a guitar player but a guitar seller.. i deal with beginner level guitars within the price range of 10k.. i have replica of all signature series models..may it be steve vai, randy rhodes, kirk hammett and many other.
    But they r jus replicas.. i am sure you wont find stuff like that anywhere..
    So if anyone's interested than please pm me.

thanks
    guitar_seller

3. flood

flood New Member

isn't there a classified section for stuff like this?

re: ibanez "replicas" or fakes as one could quite directly address them. i remember that these made their way onto the different ebays a couple of years ago, and i played one of them (JEM replica) in germany. i've thrown away better guitars. between the disastrous fret dress and sides that would rip your fingers open, the cheap finishing, the pickups having the punch of a lukewarm bowl of thin soup and a vibrato that wouldn't stay in tune no matter what, there was lots to love. i suggest everyone buys one, so that we can get a massive group discount and then assemble at a stadium and get in the guiness book of records for the biggest guitar smashing event ever.

here's the link to a store: https://www.myeglobal.com/Shop/ProductList.aspx?shopid=12558&CateId=25953&CateName=Electric+Guitar

and here's one to one of the ubiquitous sources of these replicas (the product description is a MUST read): https://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/247745046/stunning_Gibson_les_paul_music_instrument.html

i suppose these replicas are ok as props or something... but if you want a playable instrument, you'd probably be happier with a givson.

4. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

hey!!!!
    i wanted 2 know the price of kirk hamett's black esp and a flying v
    if available
    cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Kirk hammett signature series KH-202 costs around 35k in India.. in US its much cheaper.. will cost u some 450 USD..
    KH-2 is very expensive.. costs around 90k in India..
    About the ESP flyin V i have no clue..but if its KH series it has to be expensive..

6. racx

racx New Member

dats gr8 about guitars
    i will be very greatful if u could put some beginners amp on the list
    thanks
    n bbye!

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Try Kustom, Stranger if you're low on budget (2-4k)
    Go for Marshall (10CD and 15CD)and Roland(Cube 15x and Microcube) if u're medium on budget(3-6k)
    and go for Line6 and Laney (within 10k)

8. racx

racx New Member

thanks
    now m goin to bye the whole system

yamaha pacifica 012

cube

n a wah wah pedal

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

gr8 buddy.. have a gr8 time..

10. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Great list mate! Thanks!

11. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Addition to the 10000-15000 list:

ESP LTD M-50

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

There're some BC Rich and Dean guitars as well to add to the list but i haven't really seen anyone talking bout that here.. so i haven't mentioned them..

13. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

Cort CR250 seems to be missing?

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Please update this thread!
    Looks to be really promising ...

lets also segregate based on fixed bridge, "strat bridge" or full floating - this will help ppl compare.

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I will try to put additional info on this thread as asked by alpha.. and there might be a lot of new guitars that can be added to this list.. just keep on adding as and when you guys come across something worthwhile...

16. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

grg 270 should now be in 20-25k list
    the jackson js series is of 21k
    schecter omen is in 15-20k
    omen extreme is in 20-25k

17. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I think it we should make another list of guitars that contains guitars we would recommend buying, because most people ask for recommendations from us. especially in the sub 15k/20k/25k budget.

18. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

Different people have different tastes. I think it's best to segregate the guitars price wise + according to the suggestions given by alpha, and then put a disclaimer, asking the users to try everything from the list that suits their wallets best and then decide what they like best. After all, that is the best advice one can give.

19. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

But most of the beginners dont know what they like because they havent heard good stuff. We can recommend some good guitars, by good i mean good in playability and construction and dont have any flaws like for example the ibanez GRG 170Dx is to avoided by all irrespective of their tastes.

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

The list was created long time back and the prices might have increased by now... Thanks for the correction !