Lets do something new

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by rakesh_sargam, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Oh yeah, forgot to say, ofcourse we will try more real soon, but as i said to you before, this time i will take my time for this cause lately i don't have much time!

And something else, i thought other people would participate to complete this song or some other song, till now we were the only one who tried to do something, where are the other people and why they are doing nothing??????!!!!

2. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

hi keo, yes apart from a few nobody really took interest in the thread but still a few is better than none. initially neo gave a gud tune but then left off. infact i really liked the experiment of building a song collectively.
    as for me i m still a beginner in guitar stuff but i m really working hard on it. recently i was able to write a few lines and compose it in my own tune.i know the strumming is very generic in nature as rakesh once pointed out. plz find time and hear the song titled 'mein kho jaun' in the link below and plz let me know how it can be made more listenable. btw is it worth being experimented upon by a gud keyboard player like u?

3. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Nice effort man...

One thing I like about u is u have a big heart for trying .....which will lead u to success one day...I don't know what keoraf will think about the song..but I think the lyrics are cool and sweet....and as I know keoraf he can turn anything into gold...has got a midas touch...lets see what he says

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Rakesh thanks again and again man, i don't know why you are doing this, but as i told you people, i'm just a normal guy just like you are and i try to do the best i can. Your song was just a very, very good peace of music and thats why i was totally excited to do something with it, i think we both did a good job, so in my opinion we both should have the credits to make something good and thta what we did!

Parry, i listened you composition and i think its not bad at all. The strumming is very common, in the beginning i thought it was Papa Kehte Hai Bara Naam Karega. Your vocals aren't bad either, but i have to say this, you are not a singer, at least not yet, maybe if you want to be a singer you should take some professional training. Your Sur isn't bad, but thats not all to be a singer, you have to sing with feelings, passion and emotion, and that is missing in your voice, in Hindi, Dard paida karna apni awaaz mein!
    As Rakesh said, the lyrics are good, the tune, i don't know, to be honest it isn't bad but i don't like it very much, but maybe if you would add some more in the song, like drums, bass, synths etc, it would boost the tune into something very nice. At this moment the song is sounding very common, but its just upon to you to change it in something very special. As you said, its your first own composition and believe me man, its very, very good and it can be more but you have to work on it!!!
    Please don't understand me wrong man, i'm not trying to embarress you or dishearten you, oh no man cause you are on the right way and you are doing a very good job, keep going man!!!

Take care man!!!

5. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

thanks

oh dear i m really moved, thanks rakesh and thanks keoraf for taking time to write bak. wel rakesh i purposefully havnt bought television and the time which i wud hav devoted to it i m giving it to my guitar. and although i know i hav started guitar late in life at 30yrs but right now i am giving all of myself to it, although its sad that i dont hav a person to guide me and i am doing all myself.wel keoraf thanks for being so exact and particular in weighing your response. i m really thankful from the heart. u were so accurate in your description and i take your words with both of my hands. no i m neither embarrassed nor dishearten, infact with the encouragement i m getting from u friends y shud i?
    take care u too.

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey people, "Lets do something new", this was the slogan, isn't it!!!???
    It seems this thread is already dead, except a few people, nobody did something new, its really sad!

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i thought this thread was dead!!!
    anyways...most backed out of it as soon as it started sounding old.....no offense.....but people dont like that kinda music anymore....unless you're old or something.....

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

People backed out, thats what i noticed and thats why i tried to awake the people who wanted to try something out but backed out as you already mentioned!
    What was it that was sounding old??
    And what kind of people don't like what kind of music anymore???
    I don't agree with you Sukrut, unless you meant yourself with "people"!!!!

sukrut likes this.
  9. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

sorry man........if i hurt your sentiments.........yeah i probably meant "me" when i said "people".........wee, i've become cranky nowadays so dont mind......will get back to my old self man........

i've also forgotten to give you guys reps........so here they come!!!

cheers!
    :beer:

10. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Keoraf : Yes after initial progress some unnecessary conflict was created by people who dint liked the music and who said that it was not their type of music and all that stuff.
    As for me only after seeing this thread I created a couple of my compositions. Moreover I feel the starter of this thread rakesh got somewhat busy and has not been online for months now otherwise i bet some more contributions cud have been on our way. He has a great voice. We miss u buddy.

Sukrut : Well yeah I understand ur bouts of crankiness :grin: And I do feel your comments represent a genuine frankness you have on the issues and you write what strikes ur heart and mind.
    They are needed to let IGT running. So keep them coming.
    :beer:

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You didn't hurted my sentiments Sukrut cause i know that not everyone like every kind of song, thats life man and its not only with music, its just with almost every thing, there is no rule that everyone should like every thing, everyone has his/her own taste of everything! In my surrounding everyone liked both the songs i made along with Rakesh and Parry, and i also think both the songs weren't bad at all, i don't want to say they were perfect!!!
    The point was just that there were more people who wanted to make their own creations, except a few people there were nobody who really did something new. So they could have made their own taste, included you man!!!!
    Anyway, thanks for your reps, although i didn't participate this thread to get reps from you guys. For me its a pleasure to try to make something new, i would i had some more time to make more things, cause both the guys, Parry and Rakesh have more songs to be worked on, unfortunately i can't because of lack of time, but i'll try to do the best i can!!!!

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You guys are starting to remind me of the IBM ad.

Seriously, just shut up and play. This discussion is just going around in circles.

I don't comment much these days but I still enjoy listening to recordings.

13. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

and i thought you were the spammer!!

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm also a pretty good audience.

15. ishant007

ishant007 New Member

support

ill also come up with u ppl im a guitarist n can u tel me about the history of the igt project

16. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just read the whole thread and you'll know the story!
    Its a pity this thread is already dead, there were so many people wanted to do "something new", but unfortunately they didn't!

17. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Umm, maybe its high time we should start Project II?

18. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Project II

yup i am up for it. infact i will give credit to this thread started by rakesh. as only after this i started making my own tunes and melodies. i together with keoraf have already made a couple of songs which were remarkably mixed by keoraf.
    so yes project II should be on the avil now.
    but from where do we start ..........anybody?