Lessons Needed actually i need some lesson to play my guitar lead faster

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by zohaib, Apr 4, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ull build up speed...making a gr8 solo is a work of genius..i dont think doing practise exercises will help u make gr8 solos. A gr8 solo aint gotta be fast(eg. stairway to heaven).

2. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

ummmmmz
    but
    how to build up on the spot soloing skill
    soloing on the given beat ....
    apart from the matter of catching the beat solo shud be good and soemimes fast also

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..for that u need scales .
    Heres what I do (nt to say that i am a gr8 soloist):
    1. Learn the scale
    2. Do some scalar exercises(to get the scale imprinted in ur head)Eg. 3 up 2 down etc...ull find many of these on the net.
    3. Improvise- creating gr8 solos needs practise. Create a backing chord progression and just jam over it and come up with ur own solos.
    4. Learn songs which use the same scale...see how the guitarist uses the scale..ull get to learn more techniques.
    5. Give me reps for typing so much

I suggest u start withthe Am pentatonic scale.

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

there are lot of techniques involved to make ur solo sound good
    rather than just playin notes up and down..u must phrase ur solos.
    so that they sound like a solo rather than just a scale.

1.learn to bend properly..and exactly to the pitch u want..an off bend sounds horrible.
    2.sliding,helps u move arnd the fret board.
    3.hammer ons/pull offs..adds variety to whatever u play..and helps take the load out of ur pickin hand.

they are just basic pointer..u can get many ideas when u play..apply them.

5. rockarolla_70

rockarolla_70 New Member

Hey everybody, am new to this site. I am a old man age 34, still have no thoughts of letting my dreams of playing guitar go down in drain.

1.Can anyone give me a clarity that am I too old to learn guitars.
    2.Should I have to learn Acoustic guitars before I go for Electric guitars.
    3.Is a teacher very much necessary for me to learn guitars.
    4.If a teacher is needed is there anyone in this forum from Bangalore who can give some contacts of teachers.

Help me !! response appreciated in advance.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey rockarolaa..welcome to IGT
    1. Nope...there aint no age linit...u are always young enough for music.
    2. Nope..u can very well start with an electric.
    3. Nope...most of here are self-taught. The internet is ur resource and its free
    4. Im from Delhi..cant help u here

7. rockarolla_70

rockarolla_70 New Member

Hi Dennis, thanx a tonn for the reply man !! Ok now my one more question .. as I would like to go for a electric guitar... which one is good for a beginner ... I do have a acoustic guitar ("Adimira") but if I wanna start of with the electric guitar which one is good to start with for starter.

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

If you are unsure of the kind of music you want to play you should go for a cheap Squier Stratocaster.

9. rockarolla_70

rockarolla_70 New Member

Hey Guys > I find a lots of YJM & Petrucci fans.. with due respect to both of them ... I still feel Satriani sounds more alive in his compositions ... he sings thru his guitar without even a songword .. and with a lots of emotions layered in each song.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

well...u gotta tell us your budget ..post a new thread in the gear talk forum. Also search the forum ..ull find lots of info which might be of help to u.