Legendary composer Naushad passes away

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nabzy, May 5, 2006.

1. nabzy

nabzy New Member

heya all...renowned music composer Naushad Ali passed away yesterday at the age of 87. he's credited with introducing both Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammed Rafi and was the first indian composer to use sound mixing. some movies that he composed for: mere mehboob, pakeezah, mughal-e-azam, kohinoor, taj mahal...a definite loss to the indian music world....any thoughts on his music? or even, the importance of 'old' filmy music to contemporary bollywood/indipop songs...

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

yes that is very sad indeed .. a legendary composer he was who gave us some divine music .

thoughts on his music .. he pioneered the use of orchestra and multiple mikes in recordings .. and it is well known that his compositions were classical music based folk songs of UP from where he hailed .

he deserves a warm salute.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

R.I.P i dont even know who he was, but a human being is no more among us, therefore, i grieve.

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

A very sad news .. He was a Maestro of Music .. I'm sure his music will be in people's hearts till time eternity ..

Always worked for Music .. Never for money .. He's done Music for whole film for free a couple of times ..

May Peace be upon him

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

*salute*

But I don't think it's sad.. he was 87 :shock: and he did a lot while he lived, so, good for him, I say!

6. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

sad..
    naushad saab.. was a legend

7. What can I say about this great composer apart from that his music was as part me as the ears on my head.

People of my generation grew up with his delicate & intricate melodies he gave us love hope and faith in a world where there is very little.

God grant him paradise for the pleasure he has brought to billions worldwide.
    R.I.P.

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yes..i too salute this Legend!!..he rendered his comps to famous movies like..mughal-e-azam, mother india, pakeezah and many other countless wonders..

its like end of an era