Legalising Prostitution in India---Do you agree??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by the_wizard, Oct 19, 2005.

?

Should prostitution be legalised in India?

1. Yes

74.1%
  2. No

25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

this has been a hot debate topic for a while now....even the govt is considering it seriously since the past few days...what are your views on this

nik_bokacheley likes this.
  2. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

my question is: why not?

what exactly is illegal in it?

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i think it shd be..
    it will generate a lot of revenue...

but the ppl here wont welcome this at all...

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

whats illegal about that.....they wanna ngage themselves in it...whats bothering us unless n untill its not safe!....they prefer they do.....its nothing against law i suppose! .....but it poses a great threat to our culture as well....india is known for its culture and it cant fade away by followign the angrezis...its one of the mai nreasons why tourism is growing!

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

We could legalize drugs, murder as well.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

its one of the oldest professions ever....generates a lot more income than people expect and se.x workers are not treated properly by those middle men....
    legalising it wud not only generate economy...but the se.x workers can be given medical concessions and if everything turs out as expected will reduce the crime rate

7. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

You dont mean to equate those with the topic on hand? :shock:

Anyway what will legalizing drugs mean? I can always get the "drugs" on prescription. So in a way they are leaglized, only when u try to get them from underhand/undercover methods is it termed as illegal.
    That is what leaglizing any entitiy does, u can draw a border, and that s what we want in this case.

Murder? Legalizing murder, in that case u are allowing a person to cause harm directly to other human being, I fail to see how it is even remotely related to prostitution.

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

well igtians r really shameless yes winning by 6-0 (opppps i forgot i also voted for yes))

ok y legalise prostitution

coz

1.will create revenue ie gov may get a percentage on it i think in tailand n othe indonesia countires its like this not sure though coz never went there ;)

2.by getting % as taxes the gov wil have to do regular medical tests of the *** workers

3.thus STD will b controlled though it may not b very efficient but the perc of efficiency may save i dont know how many's life

hmmmmmmmm what more

yes in a few years , if legalised

instead of saying dad give me hundred bucks going out for a film

ur children will say dad give me 500bucks going out for some s e x

thats the evil part of legalising

coz legalisation may lead to downfall of morale n also a rise in promiscuous ***ual activities(i think i spelt it wrong but sorry i am really tired right now)

hm what more can i add??

well legalising prostitution in india

to me even in 75years this wont happen

after 100years may b.............

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

might be true...but it should come with its own restrictions...customers over a certain age limit and stuff....i know no body follows the currently established rules of drinking and smoking...and the same will happen for se.x but that is the only option....the govt can be a little strict and prosecute (not prostitute :p:) the se.x workers if they entertain kids.....its all upto the laws...

moreover we have to come out of that moral thinking and accept the fact that having se.x is not a taboo but a human need....and no-one can run away from that

and i believe it shud happen before the next 15 years....might be sooner than what I think

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

okie let me tell u sth do u think kids of 15 dont buy cigarettes n drink sfrom shops in india!!!!!

of course yes
    so this concept may b only for showpiece

like that for drinkin n smoking

prosti entertain kids :cen: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

nik u will b entertained if this law is passed hahahahahahhaah :p: :p:

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^:RollLol:

neway...i did mention its all upto the rules dude....they are always meant to break...and even if kids go to prostitutes...wat is wrong...poori life haath-gaadi thodi chalayega....kabhi to maal-gaadi chalayega :p:

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

hahahaha^^^

13. am i the only 1 whos decent here?

14. ronnieanand

Meee toooo deejent :cool: :dance:

15. so there are good people here on IGT unline those people who voted 4 a 'yes'

16. ronnieanand

:beer: :rock: :beer:

17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

is that some kind of joke>???? :p: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

tht lavina wala post shud hav been in the bluff master thread :boff:

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^^hahahha :RollLol:
    lolz... ;)

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hehe
    all the "decent people"

wake up!

this infact reminds of of those "samaj ke thekedars" who are the first ones to curse a female who has been raped but dont say even a word to the rapist ...

awright i say legalize prostitution so taht governement has a control over it ...
    and it becomes a litlle more transparent

and hey if u wanna give the examples of smoking n liquor then u mean smoking n liquor should also be made illegal???
    well they corrupt the youth <--- that is my argument of banning them

letting prostituion illegal means trying to overlook, or rather hide-n-ignore, one dark aspect of our society ...
    and also all the allied "illegal" activities that go hand in hand with it ...

a related question which mught seem a little offtrack: what do u guys say about Voluntary Disclosure scheme which was launched by Income Tax Department?

ppl may say that it is stupid measure and that govt is encouraging ppl to make balck money n blah blah ... yada yada ...

but tthe truth is ... u cannot stop ppl really in India from making Black money, there are way too many issues involved ... why ignore it ... tilll the time u make a better mechanism or ssytem atleast accept the fact that there exist a sizeable amount of BLack money
    and let the "black money" convert to white by simple acts like the VDIS scheme ...

and in the end it benefited the govt too ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.